Squarespace is one of the most successful website builders on the Internet. It has an easy-to-use site creation app and an advanced analytics tool. The Squarespace statistics below will help you learn more about the company.
Key Squarespace Statistics, Trends, and Facts
- Squarespace is a website builder that was launched by a University of Maryland student in 2003.
- These days, the company employs more than 1,100 workers in different locations.
- The market share of Squarespace eCommerce platforms in the US was 7% in 2020. Globally, the company’s market share is 10.9%.
- Squarespace spent $162 million on advertising in 2019.
- 3.79 million Squarespace users have a subscription plan.
- Users can create a Squarespace website and connect a Google Analytics account in about ten minutes.
- One in five Squarespace sites uses Google analytic tools to monitor its success online.
- The company’s site that offers access to the Squarespace app is the second most visited website that uses the website builder.
- Squarespace has an app to install on a mobile device. It can be used to edit blog post content, change the layout of a template, or paste a Google Analytics tracking code.
- Roughly 23,000 Squarespace website access analytics by using a Facebook Pixel tracking ID.
- Analytics say that 99.3% of online stores powered by the Squarespace platform deliver goods using UPS.
- Squarespace has purchased the Unfold company, which helps create popular content using pre-made template patterns fast.
WordPress vs. Squarespace Statistics
- Squarespace powers 1.7% of sites on the Internet. In contrast, WordPress, the most popular content management system globally, powers 42.5% of all websites.
- On average, a WordPress site attracts ten times more unique website visitors than the Squarespace platform.
- Both WordPress and Squarespace platforms have free Android and iOS applications that can update content using a mobile device.
- The Squarespace platform is used by 1% of the top 1,000 sites. However, every second WordPress website is in the top 1,000 websites.
- The share of sites that use the Squarespace site builder has increased by 0.7% in the last ten years. However, the WordPress site launch was more fast-paced. For example, the share of WordPress sites on the market has increased by 30% in the last ten years.
- The global rank of the official WordPress website is 116 versus 1,420 for Squarespace.
Squarespace’s Market Share Statistics
- Squarespace holds 24% of the market share in Singapore.
- The Squarespace website builder platform takes 19% of the market in Australia.
- Squarespace takes only 8% of the website builder market in Denmark and Norway.
- According to Squarespace statistics and analytics, the company’s market share in Indonesia is 10%.
- The market share of Squarespace in Sweden and the UK is 5%.
Squarespace’s Traffic Statistics
- Recent SEO analytics say that the bounce rate on the Squarespace website is 50%.
- 30 million unique visitors reach Squarespace’s site monthly.
- An average user spends 4:40 on a website and explores five pages.
- The USA is the primary traffic source with a 55% share of unique website visitors.
- Google, the most popular search engine, is the source of 20% of traffic. 89% of it is organic. The company’s name is included in the top 4 search keywords of all time, according to analytics.
- Roughly 3% of users come from social media.
- 1% of traffic comes from display ads. YouTube is the top platform for publishing ads.
- 38% of users reach Squarespace’s official website directly.
Squarespace Subscriber and Revenue Statistics
- Squarespace managed to generate $620 million in revenue in 2020.
- The company spent $420 million in operating expenses in 2020.
- In 2020, 3.79 million people signed up for a personal plan on Squarespace.
- 70.7% of users who have a Squarespace account are from the US.
- On average, each user signed for a Squarespace plan generates $190 revenue annually.
- In 2020, Squarespace-based sites with E-commerce functionality processed $3.9 billion in sales, which is an increase of 91.18% from the previous year.
Future for Squarespace Statistics
- In 2020, the company spent more than half of its profit margin on marketing campaigns and sales.
- According to Squarespace statistics and analytics, the number of sites launched with the help of the company’s website builder app increases by an average of 2% each month.
- The Wix vs Squarespace stats demonstrates that the Wix company overcomes Squarespace, which is its primary competitor by market share growth.
- These days, the Wix company is the #3 on the market behind WordPress and Shopify.
- According to SEO analytics, 1.4 million people search for Squarespace monthly, while brands like Weebly and Webflow are kept behind.
What is the number of Squarespace websites that use commerce tools?
Analytics says that there are more than 465.400 sites that use the Squarespace store functionality. According to the Squarespace pricing, users need to sign for any of the Business or Commerce plans to get the online store features. Also, they have access to the Acuity Scheduling plugin and advanced Squarespace metrics for precise analytics.
What is the percentage of Squarespace’s business that is outside the US?
According to the available analytics information, the majority of the business is concentrated in the US. Less than 10% of the company’s employees work in the European Union. Moreover, according to the recent stats, one in four unique subscriptions come from outside of the United States.
What is the value of Squarespace?
In 2021, the estimated value of the Squarespace company is $10 billion. In March 2021, the website builder showcased steady commerce revenue growth that helped acquire $300 million of funds. Recent analysis has highlighted the Squarespace analytics panel as a great marketing tool to get a detailed activity log of every site visitor, including IP address.
Even though Squarespace cannot compete with the market’s heavyweight, WordPress, it’s still one of the most successful website builders. The ease of use, fair prices, and a large number of features, like the ability to add a tracking ID in a click, are the top elements that attract a lot of new users monthly. The company is profitable and had acquired funds from investors last year.