Weebly offers a range of website builder packages, each designed to suit the needs of various customer groups.
Weebly’s pricing plans for individual options vary, based on what each service delivers.
From a free plan with a free domain to a pro plan option; checking out the differences between them makes it easier to choose the best plan for you.
Weebly Pricing Plans Overview 2023
- Core offerings: Community forum; free SSL; custom Weebly subdomain name; plus 500MB bandwidth & storage.
- Ideal for: personal interest or hobby website builders, where sales, apps, and adding software are not a priority.
- Pricing: As it’s a free Weebly plan, there’s no charge.
Personal [Connect plan]
- Core offerings: custom domain names; community forum; ad-free; shipping calculator; SEO tools.
- Ideal for: small-scale selling, basic portfolio, or hobby websites which don’t need lots of storage.
- Pricing: personal plans cost $5 a month [paid annually] or $8 a time if paid month by month. If you’re buying a Weebly package this is the cheapest plan.
- Core offerings: custom domain names; unlimited bandwidth & storage; community forum; ad-free.
- Ideal for: small business website users or the self-employed, who need some professional website features.
- Pricing: the Weebly professional plan costs $12 a month [paid annually] or $18 per month.
- Core offerings: premium plan options such as custom domain names; unlimited bandwidth & storage; unlimited members; community forum; 0% payment processing rate; phone support.
- Ideal for: professional online sellers who want access to gold-star pro plans options such as unlimited store products, and a zero percent payment processing fee.
- Pricing: the Weebly performance plan costs $25 a month [paid annually] or $35 if paid per month.
Weebly Pricing Plans Comparison
|Free plan||Personal Plan||Professional Plan||Performance [Premium] Plan|
|Price (1-month contract)||$0||$8/mo||$18/mo||$35/mo|
|Price (1-year contract)||$0||$5/mo||$12/mo||$25/mo|
|Free Domain||Yes||Yes, for 1 year||Yes, for 1 year||Yes, for 1 year|
|Custom domain names||Yes, with Weebly branding||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Bandwidth & Storage||500MB||500MB||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|Email accounts||No||Via Google||Via Google||Via Google|
|Video and audio players||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Members||No||No||100 + membership registration||Unlimited + membership registration|
|In-store & curbside pickup||No||No||Yes||Yes|
|Payment Processing Rate||N/A||N/A||3%||0%|
|Use of discount codes||No||No||No||Yes|
|Lead capture forms||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Abandoned Cart Emails||No||No||Yes||Yes|
|Pop up notifications||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Advanced e-commerce stats||No||No||No||Yes|
|Customer Support: Chat & email||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
Weebly’s Additional and Hidden Costs
Even though you sign up for a free starter plan or a set-priced package, there are always more opportunities to spend.
Ambitious Weebly plan website-building users may be tempted by pro-plan site upgrades or attractive add-ons.
These could include:
- Custom domain names
- Extra or unlimited storage
- Gift cards
- Phone support
- Weebly Promote – Email marketing service
- Weebly apps. [Mix of free and paid]
- eCommerce platform / online store
- eCommerce features such as shopping carts
- Extra bandwidth and storage
- Advertisement free
- SEO support
- Annual plans to reduce the paid plan costs
- Additional membership features
Weebly does also offer a blogging platform, a basic version of which is also offered with the free version. The free version blog on Weebly does offer some elementary features, while the advanced tools that are helpful for seasoned bloggers come with the paid versions.
Does Weebly have a money-back guarantee for their paid plans?
There is a 30-day window to claim a refund for your paid Weebly website builder plan.
The company promises this process will be completely hassle-free.
This applies to plans paid upfront, as well as those paid monthly.
Contact the Customer Success Team to cancel your website plan and request a refund.
Do I need to pay upfront?
There is a basic version available at zero charges.
Paid accounts are charged month to month, or once a year.
It works out cheaper over 12 months to buy the annual package upfront.
Each level provides the same content, whichever way you pay.
What are the transaction fees for the online store?
Weebly plan users with either a Professional or Performance account qualify for online transactions.
Using Square, the fees for Professional accounts are 3% off the sale, plus a minor transaction fee, and Performance account holders enjoy a fee-free online transaction option.
PayPal fees vary, so it’s best to check with them directly.
Do I need to pay for hosting on my Weebly website?
Hosting is free on a zero-pay basic Weebly starter plan website.
Personal, Professional, and Performance Weebly sites all require a monthly fee that covers the hosting fees.
Additional features are offered, depending on the fee paid for the service.
This creates a range of flexible options to suit all needs.
Do I have to pay for Weebly themes?
No, all 50+ themed templates Weebly offers are completely free.
Plus they cover a decent range of categories and are flexible.
Weebly offers site users the opportunity to customize a website theme to reflect their particular style or taste, using a Theme Editor tool.
How much does a Weebly domain cost?
There are several paid Weebly website packages.
For a short-term commitment, the Personal Package [also known as the Connect Plan] costs $8 a month [or $5 a month if bought as a yearly package.]
The Professional version costs $18/mo, dropping to $12 for the annual option.
Lastly, the Performance costs $35/mo, dropping to $25.
You might be interested to check those related posts as well:
- Wix Pricing Plans Review 2023 [Find Best Plan For You]
- 22 Best Website Builders For 2023 [Learn Digital Marketing]
- 22 Best eCommerce Platforms in 2023 [Learn Digital Marketing]
Weebly offers packages to suit all budgets and user needs, including a decent basic plan for free.
Choosing the right option is key to customer satisfaction, which is where this Weebly review comes into play.
Perhaps your priority is price, storage, eCommerce features, or something else altogether.
Regardless, this article can help you identify what matters most before signing up for a Weebly site.