AB testing is one of the most valuable ways for companies to increase sales, brand awareness, or website conversions.
If you’re not testing different options for your marketing decisions, here are a few AB testing statistics to convince you otherwise.
General AB Testing Statistics and Facts 2023
- For every 8 AB tests run, only one will yield a positive result.
- By 2025, the AB testing market is expected to be worth more than $1 billion.
- 7% of businesses believe that implementing AB testing in their workflow is too complicated.
- After analytics, AB testing is the most helpful tool for increasing conversions.
- 85% of all AB tests are used for determining the call-to-action button.
- On average, a test needs to have at least 25,000 visitors or users to be accurate.
Businesses and AB Testing Statistics 2023
- 3 out of 4 enterprises use AB testing on their websites.
- 60% of companies AB test their website landing pages.
- Only 59% of companies AB test marketing emails to customers.
- One of the biggest challenges companies faces when AB testing is finding time to conduct the test (52%).
- 43% of businesses don’t do AB tests because they don’t have the right tools, while 28% said they don’t have experts who are knowledgeable enough to help.
AB Testing Examples Statistics 2023
- By AB testing, Microsoft Bing increases their annual revenue by 10% to 25% each year.
- Google conducted its first AB test in 2000 to find the optimum number of results to show on its search results page.
- The Obama campaign raised more than $75 million due to changes made to AB testing.
- Google, Amazon, Facebook, and Booking.com run around 10,000 tests a year.
- Dell Computers saw a 300% increase in conversions after running AB tests.
- Marion University used AB testing for its landing page and saw a 264% increase in conversion rate.
The Importance of AB Testing Statistics
- AB testing can result in a better UX experience for the user, increasing conversion rates by 400%.
- 50% of companies AB test with the hopes of increasing conversion rates.
- AB testing has shown that emails with a clear subject line can increase a response or interaction rate by 541%.
You might be interested to check those related posts as well:
- Top 5 A/B Testing Software for 2023
- 66 Essential Landing Page Stats 2023 [Facts and Trends]
- Top 5 Account-Based Web and Content Experiences Software for 2023
How many variations should be used for AB testing?
The goal of AB testing is to find the best design out of two different options.
While it might seem more efficient to run more than two designs in one test, you won’t get accurate results. Instead, you should run multiple AB tests using only two options for each set.
How do you know if an AB test is significant?
The results of an AB test should have a confidence rate of 90% to 95% to be considered statistically significant.
There are many free calculators online where you can enter the number of visitors and conversions to determine the statistical significance of your test.
What can be used for AB testing?
AB testing can be used for many things. For example, 77% of companies AB test their website, although it’s also possible to test landing pages, email content, and call-to-action.
You can also test individual features, including images, headlines, or fonts and colors.
AB testing may be a big-time and financial investment, but it’s an important concept with huge payoffs.
If you plan on growing your business, then it’s time to incorporate AB testing into your marketing process!
- 99 Firms
- Finances Online