What is Pinduoduo, and what are the important Pinduoduo stats and trends to know?
Pinduoduo is a Chinese-based eCommerce firm and mobile-only marketplace. It connects millions of agricultural producers with consumers across China.
It aims to connect businesses and people to the digital economy and allow local communities to benefit from the convenience and increased productivity that its new market brings.
In this post, you’ll find everything you need to know, including Pinduoduo stats, user information, and revenue.
General Pinduoduo Stats and Facts 2023
- All of Pinduoduo’s revenue comes from the online marketplace services it provides
- You can access Pinduoduo via the WeChat messaging service
- In June 2019, Pinduoduo had 135 million daily, active users
- Average Pinduoduo users spent 3.67 times more in 2020 than in 2017
- In 2020, Pinduoduo organized an agricultural technology competition. One of the teams used machine learning-driven algorithms to grow strawberries remotely
Pinduoduo Market Share Statistics
- 5.1 million users sell their products on Pinduoduo
- In China, Pinduoduo is number three on the list of eCommerce platforms, behind Alibaba and JD.com
- 45% of Pinduoduo’s gross merchandising value (GMV) was from first and second-tier cities, according to a report in 2019
- Pinduoduo merchants have access to over 1 billion monthly users via the messaging service WeChat
Pinduoduo User Statistics
- Pinduoduo had 643.4 million monthly active users as of Q3, 2020
- Over three years, the number of active users increased by 806.2%
- The annual spending of Pinduoduo buyers has increased by 75%
- 70% of Pinduoduo’s user base is female
- 70% of users live in tier-three cities
- Pinduoduo users between 25 and 40 years old make up 63.3% of the total users
Pinduoduo App Stats
- Pinduoduo is one of China’s top mobile shopping apps that allows people to launch group purchases with family, neighbors, and friends and take advantage of lower products
- Active buyers using the Pinduoduo app totaled 882 million in Q1, 2022
- In 2021, Pinduoduo received 61 billion orders on its mobile shopping platform
Pinduoduo Revenue Statistics
- Pinduoduo’s latest revenue figures are $4.62 billion or ¥30.141
- In Q4, 2019, this brands revenue hit $1.55 billion, which was an increase of 91%
- Over the 2017-2020 period, total revenues grew by 142%
Pinduoduo Stock Price Statistics and Pinduoduo Earnings
- When Pinduoduo went public on the NASDAQ in July 2018, its shares were $19 each
- By April 2020, the same shares closed at $50.11
- In December 2020, Pinduoduo’s share price was $165.53
- Pinduoduo became one of the worst performers in the S&P 500 in 2021
Additional Pinduoduo Statistics
- Pinduoduo was founded in 2015 by Colin Huang Zheng
- Shanghai, China, is where Pinduoduo has its headquarters
- The average Pinduo order value is $6
- In 2019, there were 19.7 billion orders made on Pinduoduo
- Pinduoduo uses a centralized AI approach to store and manages data generated on its platform
You might be interested to check those related posts as well:
- The Best 1,081 Instagram Categories 2023 [for Pro Accounts ]
- [2023 Guide] Shipping to Amazon FBA Rapid Express Freight
- A Comparative Analysis of Top Websites Traffic Performance [Before and After Covid] 2023
1. What does Pinduoduo do?
Pinduoduo is a Chinese e-commerce platform that offers a wide variety of products and services including online shopping, group buying, and flash sales.
The platform allows users to purchase items at discounted prices by shopping in groups or by sharing their purchases with friends.
2. Pinduoduo business model: What is it?
Pinduoduo uses a group buying business model. This model allows customers to purchase products at lower prices when they buy in bulk. Users can invite their friends to join the group, and if enough people join, the price of the product will be discounted.
This type of business model is popular in China as it allows customers to get better deals and encourages customers to share their purchases with their friends.
3. What is the difference between Pinduoduo vs Alibaba?
Pinduoduo is a Chinese e-commerce platform that enables its users to purchase goods at lower prices through group buying. It has been gaining popularity in the last few years and is now the third-largest e-commerce platform in China.
Alibaba, on the other hand, is a much more established e-commerce platform that has been around for over two decades. It is the leading e-commerce platform in China and has a wide range of products and services.
Unlike Pinduoduo, Alibaba focuses on providing high-quality products and services to its customers. Additionally, Alibaba offers a variety of services such as online
Pinduoduo is primarily aimed at Chinese-based companies. If you’re not based in China, you could have problems becoming a merchant on the platform.
Now you know a little bit more about this eCommerce platform, you’re in a better position to decide whether it’s worth exploring further.
The following resources were used when compiling these Pinduoduo statistics:
- Influencer Marketing Hub
- Investor Insights Asia
- Insider Intelligence
- China Internet Watch