In 2005, Amazon launched its Amazon Prime membership service with the promise of free two-day shipping.
After a slow start, it began to take off, and now it boasts more than 200 million members spread across more than 20 countries.
Nowadays, members can enjoy services such as reading, shipping, steaming, and many other benefits.
If you’d like to know more about Amazon Prime and how successful it’s become, here are some dazzling Amazon Prime stats.
General Amazon Prime Stats 2023
- From October 2021, Amazon Prime can be accessed from 22 countries.
- The most common purchase during the two-day Prime Day event was the 4K Fire TV Stick.
- The most prominent users of this subscription service are young adults.
- 72% of US consumers get to benefit from same-day or next-day deliveries thanks to Amazon Prime.
- Amazon’s most recent acquisition is MGM Studies, for which it paid $8.4 billion. The reason for the acquisition is to add more exclusive content to the Prime Video service.
- Some of Amazon’s warehouses ship around one million items every day.
- Almost half of the people in the US who shop online started their journey with Amazon.
- 67% of people who shop at Amazon prefer to do it using their desktop.
- During the pandemic, Amazon enjoyed almost 200% profit growth.
- Amazon made $407.4 billion in revenue in 2021.
Amazon Prime Subscription Stats 2023
- 200 million people are currently Amazon Prime members.
- Amazon Prime’s subscriber base has doubled since the beginning of 2018.
- In the US, Amazon Prime members increased in number by almost 50%, from 99.7 million to 148.6 million.
- Almost three-quarters of Prime users are in the US.
- 9/10 subscribers choose the service because of its free shipping.
- In the US, internet users between the ages of 18 and 25 are Prime users.
- There are 55 million people who use the Prime Music service.
- Prime Music has earned itself the title of #3 most popular streaming platform for music in Western countries.
- One-fifth of Prime subscribers shop at least a few times every week.
- 7% of Prime subscribers use the website to shop almost daily.
Amazon Prime Video Statistics 2023
- 39% of adults in the US are Amazon Prime Video subscribers.
- Average subscribers enjoy 5 hours and 22 minutes of viewing pleasure.
- Worldwide, 117 million people are subscribers of the Amazon Prime Video service.
- It is expected that there will be more than 180 million globally by 2026.
- 67% of consumers between the ages of 35 and 44 are current subscribers of the Amazon Prime Video service.
- Amazon’s video service is available for subscribers in more than 200 countries.
- In 2020, Prime Video Channels managed to generate revenue of $3.6 billion.
- In 2020, US$11 billion were spent by Amazon on tv shows, music, and movies.
Amazon Prime Revenue Statistics 2023
- Amazon registers more than $25 billion from the fees paid by subscribers.
- Prime Day is Amazon’s biggest sale of the year and is generally held during the summer months. In 2021, sales reached $11.79 billion.
- Compared to 2018’s Prime Day event, sales have grown by 185.4%.
- Almost two-thirds of Prime Day sales are in the US.
- In 2021, Prime members purchased more than 250 million items on Prime Day.
- Every year, Amazon’s membership services generate about $25.21 billion.
- The average amount an Amazon Prime member spends every year is around $1400.
You might be interested to check those related posts as well:
- 35+ Mind-Blowing Amazon Statistics, Facts [and Trends] 2023
- 43 Amazing Rakuten Stats and Facts [Usage & Revenue] 2023
- Useful Online Shopping Stats 
In which country is Amazon Prime the cheapest?
Amazon Prime is the cheapest in India.
How many customers does Amazon Prime have?
On a global scale, Amazon Prime has over 200 million subscribers, 142 million of which are in the United States.
How much revenue does Amazon Prime generate?
In 2016, Amazon Prime registered revenue of $6.4 billion which was an increase from the previous year’s revenue of $4.47 billion.
The statistics we’ve included in our lists weren’t easy to come by. Even though Amazon is a publicly-traded company, it likes to keep its cards close to its chest.
Nevertheless, now you can appreciate what a massive organization Amazon is and how Amazon Prime is helping to keep the profits rolling in.
We used various sources when compiling the Amazon Prime stats, including the following:
- Business of Apps
- Web Tribunal