Trying to craft the perfect mission statement for your business?
Does your search engine history look like “mission statement for a company,” “mission statement for small business,” “examples of a mission statement?” etc.?
Fret no further. This article provides 26 mission statement examples to start brainstorming with.
What Is a Mission Statement?
A mission statement defines what business the company is in and what goals it strives to achieve. It shows the company’s vision and its action plan for accomplishing it.
How to Write Great Mission Statements?
The key points to a good mission statement include: knowing the company’s fundamental values and goals and aligning those values with the company’s products and services. A company mission statement should also be clear and condensed.
Sample Mission Statement for Social Network and eCommerce 2023
Here are some mission statement examples for the social media and eCommerce sectors. Many of these missions involve connecting people or making everyday life better for the customer.
- LinkedIn – “To connect the world’s professionals to make them more productive and successful.”
- Facebook – “To give people the power to share and make the world more open and connected.”
- Twitter – “To give everyone the power to create and share ideas and information instantly, without barriers.”
- Tumblr – “To empower creators to do their best work and get it in front of the audience they deserve.”
- PayPal – “To build the web’s most convenient, secure, cost-effective payment solution.”
- Amazon – “To be Earth’s most customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online, and endeavors to offer its customers the lowest possible prices.”
- Alibaba – “To make it easy to do business anywhere.”
Best Mission Statement Examples for Technology 2023
These mission statement examples incorporate all the best practices for crafting an excellent mission statement for technology.
- Google – “To organize the world’s information and make it universally accessible and useful.”
- Microsoft – “To enable people and businesses throughout the world to realize their full potential.”
- Adobe – “To move the web forward and give web designers and developers the best tools and services in the world.”
- Cisco – “Shape the future of the Internet by creating unprecedented value and opportunity for our customers, employees, investors, and ecosystem partners.”
- Intel – “Utilize the power of Moore’s Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on earth.”
Best Company Mission Statements Examples for Retail and Global Brands 2023
These are all examples of strong mission statements that show off the company’s core values.
- Walmart – “We save people money so they can live better.”
- Nike – “Bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete in the world. *If you have a body, you are an athlete.”
- IKEA – “To create a better everyday life for many people.”
- Tesla – “To accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy.”
- Walt Disney Company– “To be one of the world’s leading producers and providers of entertainment and information, using its portfolio of brands to differentiate its content, services, and consumer products.”
- American Express – “We work hard every day to make American Express the world’s most respected service brand.”
Company Mission Statement Examples for Media 2023
These great values statements show how the company affects people’s lives.
- BBC – “To enrich people’s lives with programs and services that inform, educate and entertain.”
- Forbes – “To deliver information on the people, ideas, and technologies changing the world to our community of affluent business decision-makers.”
- TED – “Spread ideas.”
Mission Statement Examples for Travel & Accommodation 2023
These are all effective mission statement examples for the organizations they come from.
- Tripadvisor – “To help people around the world plan and have the perfect trip.”
- Virgin America – “Virgin America is a California-based airline that is on a mission to make flying good again, with brand new planes, attractive fares, top-notch service, and a host of fun, innovative amenities that are reinventing domestic air travel.”
- Southwest – “Dedication to the highest quality of Customer Service delivered with a sense of warmth, friendliness, individual pride, and Company Spirit.”
Mission Statement Examples for Humanitarian 2023
Here are some great nonprofit mission statement examples.
- World Vision – “To follow our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ in working with the poor and oppressed to promote human transformation, seek justice and bear witness to the good news of the Kingdom of God.”
- American Red Cross – “To prevent and alleviate human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.”
Great Words to Use in Your Mission Statement 2023
Now that you’ve seen some worldwide mission statement examples try using some of these words to condense your company’s purpose and strategic plan into one sentence.
- Bridge the gap
- Make it easy for
You might be interested to check those related posts as well:
- Apple Mission Statement – Understanding Apple’s Mission Statement For Success 
- How to Create a Content Marketing Strategy 2023 [Detailed Guide]
- 9 Fundamental Components Of An Effective Brand Strategy
What are the common mission statement mistakes to avoid?
You want to avoid making your mission statement too broad or lofty-sounding. Mission statements work best when they are realistic and achievable.
What is the difference between Mission and Vision Statements?
A mission statement is what the company is currently about. Vision statements are about what a company hopes to become.
How long should a mission statement be?
Mission statements, on average, are 1-2 sentences. Sometimes it is impossible to condense the entire mission of the company down into one sentence; however, do not let the mission statement get to be more than four sentences.
Between these great mission statement examples and buzzwords to put into your own mission statement, you are well on your way to creating the best mission statement for your organization.