Telefónica is one of the world’s largest telecommunication companies, providing telecom services to more than 20 countries. It was founded in Spain and provides services to the rest of Europe as well as Latin America.
Their services include mobile, fixed, and broadband networks for TV, VoIP phone providers, and other digital solutions.
General Telefónica Stats and Facts 2023
- Telefónica’s headquarters are in Madrid, Spain
- They are the primary service provider for Spanish and Portuguese-speaking markets
- They were founded in 1924 under the name Compañía Telefónica Nacional de España, starting as a telephone company
- Telefónica began offering mobile telephone service in 1994
- Telefónica was Spain’s sole telephone operator until 1997
- It became privately owned in 1999
Telefónica Usage Statistics 2023
- There are more than 131 million Telefónica prepaid mobile subscribers worldwide
- More than 28 million customers access Telefónica fixed-line telephones
- Telefónica services more than 20 million broadband customers
- More than 8.5 million people worldwide subscribe to Telefónica’s TV services, with Latin America being the prime market
Telefónica Employee Statistics 2023
- More than 100,000 employees work for Telefónica
- 35% of employees are women
- 65% of employees are men
- 44% of employees are Hispanic or Latino
- 39% of employees are White
- 7% of employees are Black or African American
- 6% of employees are Asian
- The average employee stays at Telefónica for 4.4 years
- 71% of employees speak Spanish
- 11% of employees speak Portuguese
- 9% of employees speak French
- 3% of employees speak German
- 61% of employees are minorities
Telefónica Salary Stats 2023
- The average salary at Telefónica is $83k per year
- The average salary of a Chief Operating Officer at Telefónica is $291k per year
- The average salary of a Head of Data Science at Telefónica is $171k per year
- The average salary of a Senior Software Engineer at Telefónica is $145k per year
- The average salary of a Senior Business Development Manager at Telefónica is $139k per year
- The average salary of a Solutions Architect at Telefónica is $127k per year
- The average salary of a Full Stack Developer at Telefónica is $110k per year
- The average salary of a Senior Systems Analyst at Telefónica is $113k per year
- The average salary of a Director of Financial Planning & Analysis at Telefónica is $110k per year
- The average salary of a Chief Information Officer at Telefónica is $106k per year
- The average salary of a SQL Server Database Administrator at Telefónica is $106k per year
- The average salary of an Engineer at Telefónica is $104k per year
- The average salary of an IT Software Developer at Telefónica is $103k per year
- The average salary of a Big Data Analyst at Telefónica is $97k per year
- The average salary of a Human Resources Business Partner at Telefónica is $72k per year
- The average salary of a Storage Engineer at Telefónica is $69k per year
- The average salary of a Financial Analyst at Telefónica is $55k per year
- The average salary of a Quality Manager at Telefónica is $52k per year
- The average salary of a Marketing Specialist at Telefónica is $50k per year
- The average salary of an Executive Secretary at Telefónica is $45k per year
Telefónica Revenue Statistics 2023
- Telefónica’s revenue has been overall declining since 2011
- Telefónica’s annual revenue for 2021 was $46.469 billion
- Telefónica’s annual revenue for 2020 was $49.206 billion
- Telefónica’s annual revenue for 2019 was $54.233 billion
- Telefónica’s annual revenue for 2018 was $57.507 billion
- Telefónica’s annual revenue for 2017 was $56.380 billion
- Telefónica’s annual revenue for 2016 was $53.191 billion
- Telefónica’s annual revenue for 2015 was $52.411 billion
- Telefónica’s annual revenue for 2014 was $64.269 billion
- Telefónica’s annual revenue for 2013 was $76.261 billion
- Telefónica’s annual revenue for 2012 was $79.478 billion
- Telefónica’s annual revenue for 2011 was $87.394 billion
- Telefónica annual revenue for 2010 was $81.277 billion
- Telefónica annual revenue for 2009 was $81.276 billion
Telefónica Stock Statistics 2023
- Telefónica’s 52-week stock range is 4.1-5.39
- Telefónica’s target estimate is 6.28
- Telefónica’s market cap is 25.247 billion
- Telefónica is trending overvalued currently
- Telefónica’s stock has decreased in both MSE and NYSE from 2019 prices
Additional Telefónica Stats and Facts 2023
- Telefónica, Movistar, O2, and Vivo are all under the Telefónica brand, with Movistar operating primarily within the Spanish-speaking public, O2 utilized in Germany and the UK, and Vivo servicing the Portuguese-speaking populace in Brazile
- Telefónica’s primary competitors in Europe are Deutsche Telekom, Orange, and Vodafone
- Jose Maria Alvarez-Pallete Lopez is the Telefónica CEO and Executive Chairman
- Angel Vila Boix is Telefónica’s COO and Executive Director
- Enrique Blanco is the Chief Technology and Information Officer
- Telefónica offers VoIP in 7 countries: Spain, Brazil, Colombia, Argentina, Chile, Peru, and Germany
You might be interested to check those related posts as well:
- 20+ Important Women in Tech Stats 2023 [Engineering & More]
- Making Life Easier with Luxury Houses in Emaar South
- 20 Impressive Work from Home Self Care Tips [and Practices] in 2023
Is Telefónica profitable?
Telefónica was hurt drastically by the COVID Pandemic. However, currently, their stock prices are steadying out and expect to increase again as the overall market recovers.
Should Telefónica continue to spend on network upgrades, it will likely increase its profits. Purchasing Telefónica stock should yield a modest increase.
How many countries is Telefonica in?
Telefonica has a significant presence in roughly 15 countries and operates in about 40 countries in total. Most of these countries are in Latin America, with the rest being in Europe.
Telefonica is looking to broaden its services in the future.
What is the average salary of a software engineer at Telefónica?
The average software developer at Telefónica makes $103,373 per year. The range of salaries runs between $85k and $125k annually.
A senior software engineer will make closer to $145,720 per year, with $130k being base pay and the remainder coming from bonuses.
Telefónica has been in business for a century. While they have been struggling to keep revenue up over the last decade, they are continuing to expand their market.
All companies operating under Telefónica combined make up a large portion of the telecommunications providers available in Europe and Latin America.
- Telefonica 1, 2
- Yahoo Finance 1, 2