There’s no such thing as easy money, but some money comes a little easier than other money.
In exchange for your time and minimal attention, you can start doing online surveys for money today.
How to Make Money Doing Surveys
Making money on survey sites is so easy that anyone can do it.
As long as you have a computer and an internet connection, you can use your spare time to make a bit of extra money by signing up and answering questions for companies.
Here’s how it works. 1,2,3
Companies pay survey websites to find people who are part of the relevant demographic so they can answer questions about the brand. If you’re in the right demographic, they want to know your opinions and they want to hear about your specific experiences.
It’s just a matter of selecting surveys you’re qualified for, filling out the required information, and going through the survey. This can take anywhere from 5-30 minutes, with shorter surveys giving smaller rewards and longer surveys giving larger rewards.
Once you put in a few hours of survey work, you’ll get the hang of it and it will go much faster.
Sounds too good to be true? It’s not.
The only catch is that you’re not going to get rich quickly doing this. But, if you’re smart about it you can make a good amount of cash for really simple work.
How to Make the Most Money from Survey Sites
If you want to make the most money from online surveys, you need to focus on going through these sites the right way.
Try these strategies to optimize your earnings:
- Join as many paid survey sites as possible
Just because you’re a member of a good survey site doesn’t mean there will always be surveys available that you qualify to take. It’s better to sign up for as many sites as possible so you’ll have access to more surveys. Because some surveys are worth more than others, you’ll get the best options by pulling from multiple sources.
- Use a separate email address for your survey site accounts
You’re likely to get a lot of emails from any survey sites you sign up to. Unless you want all those emails clogging up your inbox, it’s better to create a new email address specifically for survey sites. You can get survey recommendations and spam sent there to view on your own time.
- Be honest
You aren’t going to qualify for all the surveys on these sites. They’re offered based on demographics, lifestyle, habits, and consumption. Always being honest. It’s better to stick to the truth and work on what you qualify for than to be kicked off the sites for giving false information.
- Cash in when you reach the limit
Most survey companies have a minimum amount of reward points or money earned before you can cash out. Whenever you reach that limit, you should cash out right away. Read the fine print and you’ll find that some survey companies have the right to reclaim earnings that weren’t cashed out after a certain period of inactivity.
Whenever you have the option to withdraw money, do it.
- Don’t ever pay to join!
Lastly and probably most importantly, don’t EVER pay a survey company for the ability to access their surveys. This is a 100% certain sign that it’s an illegitimate business, just like those pyramid schemes that require you to purchase a startup package in order to begin selling to others.
There should never be a gate between you and company surveys once you’ve made an account. No paywalls, no ad walls, nothing.
How to Avoid Scams & Fake Survey Sites
Legitimate survey sites ask you to input your personal information to show that you qualify for certain surveys.
Because there’s a big market for personal information, there are fake survey sites out there trying to capture your data. There are also sites trying to pitch other products and services for you to sign up as an affiliate and make them money.
Be on the lookout for the legitimacy of survey sites before you sign up.
Fake survey sites usually try to mimic legitimate ones. Always check that the information is correct, including any email addresses, phone numbers, website URLs, etc. If you have a bad feeling about anything, look up the company’s information separately and contact them on your own to follow up.
The last tell-tale sign of a scam is something that’s just too good to be true. There’s no such thing as a free lunch, so don’t expect to get hundreds of dollars off just a few surveys. If you see offers that are way larger than average, they’re probably not legitimate offers. There are also some offers that require you to pay some of the rewards back to the company, which is also a sign of an illegitimate company.
Trust your gut. If something seems off, dig in a little deeper until you’re satisfied.
Which Are the Highest Paying Online Surveys?
If you want to make the most money from paid surveys, join up with the websites that pay the highest.
Here’s a rundown of some of the top paying sites for online surveys.
- About Survey Junkie – This is one of a few very well-known online survey sites. All you have to do to get started here is register a free account and answer a few questions about yourself and your household to narrow down which surveys you are eligible for.
- Conditions for registration – Each account needs a unique email address, and members must be at least 13 years old, with members in some areas (such as California) needing to be 16 years old.
- Rewards – Surveys provide anywhere from 20 – 200 points. Each point is worth $0.01. Rewards can be cashed out through Paypal or as gift cards.
- Minimum amount you can earn – You can cash out when you have a minimum of 500 points ($5) in your account. Earn $2-5 per hour from Survey Junkie, depending on what kind of surveys you qualify for.
- About Swagbucks – Another top player in the game, Swagbucks gives you a few more options for making money beyond just taking surveys. You can also get reward points from shopping online, watching videos, using a search engine, and taking surveys.
- Conditions for registration – You can create an account on Swagbucks if you are 13 years old or older.
- Rewards – For all activities on the site you earn points, usually between 1 – 50 points. Longer surveys provide more points while smaller tasks provide fewer points. Each point is worth $0.01. Rewards are given out as cash through Paypal or as gift cards and discount codes.
- Minimum amount you can earn – There is no minimum cashout amount for Swagbucks. It’s common to make 100 – 500 points per day, or $1-5, for doing your normal daily activities online plus a few surveys. If you put in a little extra time, you could make more than $1000 per year for minimal effort.
- About Toluna – This is a site that specializes in providing consumer data to companies around the world. You can get paid to participate in polls and take surveys of varying lengths in connection with top brands and service providers.
- Conditions for registration – Anyone age 16 and over can create a free account on Toluna. If you are under 18, you may have to claim a reward through a legal guardian. You are only allowed to have one active account.
- Rewards – Toluna gives out reward points for every activity performed on the site. These points can be redeemed for cash through Paypal, gift cards, reward vouchers, or sweepstake entries. 3,000 points are equivalent to $1. Most surveys reward around 1,000-2,000 points with some providing up to 6,000 points.
- Minimum amount you can earn – The minimum number of points for cashing out on Toluna is 30,000.
- About Branded Surveys – Branded Surveys give you the chance to do surveys and polls and to participate in opinion-related product and service offerings. You can get paid in cash or cash equivalents for your participation.
- Conditions for registration – Sign up for a free account if you are 18 or older and located within the US, Canada, or the UK. You can use a unique email address or your Facebook account to make a profile. If you are between the ages of 13 – 17, you can make an account with parental consent.
- Rewards – Branded Surveys payout in points. 100 points are equal to $1. Points can be redeemed for cash through Paypal or Branded Pay, as gift cards through Visa and Amazon. Some other cash equivalent options may also be available depending on your location.
- Minimum amount you can earn – The minimum cashout amount for Branded Surveys is 1000 points. You can do up to 30 surveys in a week for around 100 points each and many smaller daily tasks that reward around 5 – 25 points each.
- About LifePoints – On LifePoints you can make money from doing surveys, completing opinion polls, participating in consumer behavioral studies, and testing products.
- Conditions for registration – You must be at least 14 years of age to register for LifePoints, and you must reside in one of the countries listed as eligible on their website.
- Rewards – For every activity you do, you can earn LifePoints. LifePoints are then redeemable for cash via Paypal or gifts certificates. You can also choose to donate LifePoints to a charity of your choice.
- Minimum amount you can earn – You can redeem 550 LifePoints for a $5 gift card, but other rewards may vary. The minimum cashout for LifePoints is 5550 points.
- About OnePoll – OnePoll does online surveys, but the main paid activity is participating in polls for companies.
- Conditions for registration – Each member can only have one account. You must provide your name, email address, and phone number. All account holders must be at least 16 years of age, although anyone under the age of 18 may not be able to participate in all surveys.
- Rewards – OnePoll gives out rewards in the form of cash. Each poll or survey pays out a small amount of money, usually around 20p. When you want to cash out, you can use BACS or Paypal. Payouts may take up to 28 days.
- Minimum amount you can earn – OnePoll has an unusually high minimum reward threshold of £40. You can make around £4 per hour using OnePoll.
i-Say (by IPSOS)
- About i-Say (by IPSOS) – i-Say offers the chance for users to make money either on a browser or on their mobile but by answering survey questions for top brands. They are owned and operated by global research firm IPSOS.
- Conditions for registration – You can only join i-Say if you are a resident of the UK who is 16 years of age or older.
- Rewards – Points can be earned through i-Say when you complete surveys. Each survey you complete is worth the equivalent of £1. Points can be redeemed in PayPal, gift cards, or through prepaid Visa cards.
- Minimum amount you can earn – The minimum amount to redeem your rewards is 500 points. Using this service alone, you can easily earn around $20-25 per month.
- About Vindale Research – Vindale Research provides paid surveys for members with a free account. This site only pays out cash rewards with no cash equivalent options.
- Conditions for registration – To make an account with this site, you need to be a resident or citizen of the US (continental US, Alaska, and Hawaii), UK, Australia, or Canada and be at least 18 years old. Members can only have one account.
- Rewards – For every survey you do, you will earn a cash reward. Surveys give out around $0.80 per 10-20 minutes with no limit on how many surveys you can complete in a day. You can also watch videos for $0.25. There is also an active referral program that gives $5 per referral who signs up with a limit of $25 total.
- Minimum amount you can earn – You can earn $2-5 per hour doing surveys and watching videos on Vindale Research. The minimum withdrawal threshold is high at $50.
- About InboxDollars – InboxDollars pays per task for a series of marketing and research activities, including doing surveys, reading paid emails, watching videos, doing polls, and more.
- Conditions for registration – You can make a free account if you are 18 years or older and currently living in the US.
- Rewards – Tasks on InboxDollars pay in cash, anywhere from $0.25-$5 per task. There is a $5 reward for creating an account. Rewards are paid out through Paypal or exchanged for gift cards.
- Minimum amount you can earn – The minimum limit for cashing out on InboxDollars is $30. If you use it most days in a month, you can easily make $30+ per month.
- About PopulusLive – PopulusLive, operated by Yonder, is a company offering paid surveys. They are based out of the UK and operate with many UK and EU brands with a focus on insights into politics, culture, and business.
- Conditions for registration – To make a free account, you must be a permanent resident of the UK, excluding the Isle of Man and the Channel Islands. You must also be 16 years old or above. People who are working for PopulusLive or are related to employees of the company are not allowed to make an account.
- Rewards – Rewards are given in cash.
- Minimum amount you can earn – The minimum you’ll earn from a PopulusLive survey is £1, with many ranging from £2-3. Once you reach £50 of rewards in your account for a set monthly period, a check will automatically be sent to you the following month.
- About Opinion Outpost – Opinion Outpost gives you the chance to make money by doing surveys, testing products, and watching advertisements.
- Conditions for registration – You can make a free account if you are a resident of the US, UK, Canada, or Germany and you are at least 17 years of age or older.
- Rewards – Rewards are collected as points and paid out directly or in the form of cash or specific types of gift cards. Cash can be sent via Paypal or a prepaid Visa card, while gift cards are provided for Amazon or iTunes.
- Minimum amount you can earn – The minimum payout amount is 10 points, equivalent to $10. Each survey provides anywhere from $0.50 to $5.
- About Valued Opinions – Do paid surveys on Valued Opinions to earn reward points. This service is available in around 20 countries worldwide and in multiple different languages.
- Conditions for registration – You must be at least 16 years old to register for Valued Opinions. You can only register for a free account if you are a resident in one of the authorized countries.
- Rewards – Rewards are not given out in cash. Instead, reward points are given for each survey, which can be redeemed for gift cards to Amazon, M&S, Sainsbury’s, John Lewis, and more.
- Minimum amount you can earn – You can withdraw your balance once you reach $10. Surveys often pay between $2-5, but you must be invited to participate based on your location and demographics.
- About Pinecone Research – Pinecone Research is a US company that allows users to participate in online surveys, opinion polls, and other product testing opportunities.
- Conditions for registration – You can only join Pinecone Research by invitation. Besides the invitation, you must be at least 13 years of age and a resident in one of the authorized countries.
- Rewards – For each survey you do, you will earn a set number of points. There are two types of rewards you can cash your points in for on Pinecone Research. You can earn cash, gift cards, or free products to test.
- Minimum amount you can earn – Surveys earn at least $3 but can earn more. The minimum payout amount is $3, meaning you can cash out after every survey if you want.
- About Triaba Panel – Triaba is part of the Cint Insights Exchange. It is a Norwegian company that offers paid opportunities in 86 countries.
- Conditions for registration – To make a free account on Triaba, you have to be at least 15 years of age and you must reside in one of the countries where they operate.
- Rewards – Triaba gives cash rewards or gift cards for participants. You can redeem your cash rewards via Paypal.
- Minimum amount you can earn – Surveys provide between $0.13 – $4.25 depending on the length of the survey and your location. Minimum payouts start from $10.
- About PrizeRebel – This is a market research company that gives you opportunities to get paid for your opinions. Complete surveys, watch videos or do daily challenges on PrizeRebel to get paid.
- Conditions for registration – To make an account, you must be at least 16 years old with parental consent or 18 and above.
- Rewards – Rewards earned at PrizeRebel can be distributed as cash via Paypal, or as gift cards for Amazon, iTunes, eBay, and other common eCommerce platforms. Some other options are available for specific countries.
- Minimum amount you can earn – You can earn anywhere from $2-5 depending on how many surveys you qualify to take. The minimum payout is $5.
- About Marketagent – MarketAgent has been operating in Europe since 2001. It’s a trusted agency with a good reputation for paying out.
- Conditions for registration – To make a free account, you have to be at least 13 years of age with the consent of your parent or guardian. MarketAgent is available to people in the US, UK, Canada, and certain European countries. Sign up with an email or Facebook account.
- Rewards – Members are given a variable number of points per survey or activity they complete. Points are redeemable for cash via Paypal or other local money services. 100 points are equivalent to roughly $1.20.
- Minimum amount you can earn – Surveys pay around $0.20 – $3 each. Members can complete up to 1000 surveys every year in total. You can also get $1.20 for referring a friend to the service. Minimum payouts are low at 200 points.
- About YouGov – YouGov is a UK-based public opinion research company. They source opinions and responses from a wide base of users on the internet and provide insights to their clients based on the data.
- Conditions for registration – To join YouGov, you must be at least 16 years old and living in the UK.
- Rewards – You are rewarded with points for every survey you complete. Points are then redeemed for money and entry into prize draws. Cash can be requested via Paypal, bank transfer, and check.
- Minimum amount you can earn – Surveys provide up to 400 points each for 20-30 minutes. The minimum payout amount is 5000 points, which is equivalent to £50.
- About PanelBase – Panelbase is one of the most popular survey sites in the UK. Members are paid to participate in market research activities online.
- Conditions for registration – Currently, PanelBase only accepts members from the UK who are at least 16 years old. Plans are in place to include new members in the US, Canada, and other parts of Europe in the future, though they are not currently eligible.
- Rewards – Get cash rewards for your participation. You can be paid via BACS bank transfers, gift cards, or donations to charity. You may also choose to complete surveys in exchange for an entry into prize drawings.
- Minimum amount you can earn – Surveys may earn participants between £0.25 and £10, based on the length of the survey and how complex it is. The minimum payout amount is £10.
- About Mingle – Mingle is an online research and survey company operating in the UK and the EU since 2005. The advantage of Mingle is the wide variety of surveys you can access, allowing you to get points more quickly.
- Conditions for registration – Registration in Mingle is open to anyone over 16 years of age living in the UK or select countries in the EU.
- Rewards – Surveys provide reward points for participants. These points can be redeemed for cash, gift cards, or donations to charity. Cash can be deposited directly to UK bank accounts.
- Minimum amount you can earn – Most surveys earn participants an average of 50 points. The minimum payout amount for Mingle is 1000 points, which is equivalent to £8. Once you surpass 2000 points, you must withdraw the rewards within 3 months or they will expire.
- About SurveyBods – This UK-based survey company is known for fast payouts and a great mobile experience. You can get paid for surveys as well as location-dependent market research activities.
- Conditions for registration – Any permanent resident in the UK who is at least 16 years old can register for an account on Survey Bods.
- Rewards – Completing surveys and other activities earns reward points that can be redeemed for cash, gift cards or entries for prize draws. Cash is dispensed via bank transfers or check.
- Minimum amount you can earn – Surveys payout points equivalent to 50p – £3 each. The minimum payout for SurveyBods is £15 (1500 points).
The OpinionPanel Community
- About The OpinionPanel Community – This is a UK-based data collection and market research company that specializes in gaining insights into younger markets. They are only open to a select range of people.
- Conditions for registration – To register for this service, you must be between the ages of 13-30 and a resident of the UK. All personal information must be up to date and current.
- Rewards – The OpinionPanel Community pays out in shopping vouchers and entries into prize drawings. There is no direct cash reward option.
- Minimum amount you can earn – Each survey pays between 50 – 500 points, equivalent to 50p – £5 in shopping vouchers. Participating in focus groups and other community activities can pay the equivalent of £40+.
- About Opinion Bureau – Opinion Bureau is a global market research company that gives you the opportunity to take surveys and polls for payment. Share your opinions and get paid.
- Conditions for registration – You must be 18 years or older to register with Opinion Bureau. To make an account, you have to provide your name, email, gender, birth date, and occupation details.
- Rewards – Payouts are provided as cash payments via Paypal or as gift cards for top eCommerce platforms.
- Minimum amount you can earn – Most surveys pay between $2-5. Longer surveys pay as much as $10. If you participate in all the surveys you qualify for, you can earn $20+ per month. The minimum payout is $10. Once you reach the payout minimum, you must redeem your rewards within 12 months or they will expire.
New Vista Live
- About New Vista Live – This is a market research community that’s been operating for more than 15 years in the UK.
- Conditions for registration – To register, you must be a resident of the UK who is 16 or older. You may not work for NewVista in any capacity, nor any other market research company.
- Rewards – Surveys provide rewards points that can be cashed in for money or prize draws. Cash is sent via Paypal or a check. 100 reward points are equivalent to £1.
- Minimum amount you can earn – The minimum payout for NewVista is £50 for all reward types.
- About Panel Opinion – Panel Opinion has been paying for survey responses since 2001. They offer paid surveys about spending habits and consumer behavior.
- Conditions for registration – To make an account on Panel Opinion you have to be a UK resident who is at least 18 years of age.
- Rewards – Rewards are given out in cash via PayPal, bank transfer, or check.
- Minimum amount you can earn – The minimum payout for Panel Opinion is £10. Each survey pays between 50p – £5.
- About Prolific Academic – Rather than providing companies with market research, Prolific Academic focuses on crowdsourcing research for scientific efforts.
- Conditions for registration – While anyone can sign up for the site, you may not get any qualified surveys unless you are from the US, UK, or Canada. Fill in as much screening information as possible to increase your chances of qualifying.
- Rewards – Rewards are paid out in cash via Paypal.
- Minimum amount you can earn – Minimum payment for studies is £5 with some surveys offering up to £12+ per hour. For every survey you do, you are guaranteed to be paid. To payout you need at least £5 in your account.
- About iPoll – Formerly known as Survey Head, iPoll offers payment for survey participation. They have a solid app platform along with an online platform.
- Conditions for registration – Making an account is free. iPoll offers both English and Spanish language surveys and tasks. Anyone can register, but surveys are only dispensed to those who qualify.
- Rewards – For every survey, you do you are rewarded with cash. You can get your cash directly through Paypal or redeem it for gift cards to Amazon or Apple.
- Minimum amount you can earn – If you use the iPoll app daily, you could make between $30-$50 per month. Surveys pay around $0.50 – $3, while location-based daily missions provide between $5-$15. Minimum payout for iPoll is $25 for gift cards and $50 for Paypal.
- About SurveySavvy – SurveySavvy is an international survey company that’s been operating since 1999. Members of the site come from all around the world.
- Conditions for registration – As long as you are at least 14 years old, you can join SurveySavvy from anywhere in the world. However, you will only be offered surveys you qualify for.
- Rewards – Rewards are paid out as cash in the form of a check mailed to your address. Active members will also be able to participate in prize drawings and contests throughout the year.
- Minimum amount you can earn – Surveys earn between $5-$50 each. You can also install the Survey Connect app to get $5 per month per device and access to extra surveys. Minimum payout is very low at $1.
- About Crowdology – Crowdology is a market research site offering online surveys, focus groups, paid videos, and telephone surveys to qualified participants.
- Conditions for registration – To register for a free account, you must be a resident in the US or the UK and be at least 18 years old.
- Rewards – Rewards are given out as cash or gifts cards to major eCommerce platforms.
- Minimum amount you can earn – All surveys pay a minimum of $.50 for 5 minutes. The minimum payout amount for Crowdology is $8 or £4. For Amazon vouchers, you need at least $10 or £5.
- About Opinion Inn – Opinion Inn is an online consumer research company working globally. They exclusively offer surveys.
- Conditions for registration – You must be at least 18 years old to register for Opinion Inn. There are no location restrictions, but most available surveys are for residents of the US, UK, Canada, Australia, and India.
- Rewards – Rewards are provided as cash. You can have your cash balance sent to a Paypal account. Note that some surveys can take as long as 6-8 weeks to credit your cash reward to your account.
- Minimum amount you can earn – The minimum payout amount for Opinion Inn is $25. Most surveys of 10-30 minutes provide $3-5, but the actual payments range can vary from $0.25 up to $100.
Pros and Cons of Online Surveys for Money
Online surveys are a good way to supplement your income, though it would probably be difficult to make a living off these sites.
These are the pros and cons of doing online surveys for money:
- Super easy
- Quick to fill out surveys
- No skills or experience are necessary
- Most companies send the surveys to you
- Free to start
- Flexible working hours
- Ability to multitask while doing anything else
- Work from anywhere
- Potential for even bigger prizes through drawings and contests
- Get your voice heard by large companies
- You may not qualify for many surveys, depending on your location and demographics
- Low pay for your time
- Risk of data theft
- Completing surveys is usually boring and monotonous
- No guaranteed payment
- No fixed monthly income
- To make any real money you need to work on multiple sites per month
- Potential for spam
- You could be disqualified midway through completing a survey
- Limited payment options if you cannot access Paypal
Is it safe to participate in online surveys for money?
As long as you only sign up for trusted survey companies, it should be safe. Individual user data is not distributed and you should never be asked for specific identity-related information.
How can you get $50 cash right now?
Some survey companies help you make money faster than others. Survey Junkie is good for new sign-ups and you can get your payment instantly once you reach the $50 threshold.
What type of paid online surveys can you take?
Depending on the company you sign up with, you can take surveys on business, politics, products, services, tech, apps, games, scientific research, and almost anything else you can think of.
Do surveys get you gift cards?
Many of the paid survey sites do offer gift cards as a way to redeem your rewards.
How much will I get paid to take surveys?
The specific amount you’ll make per survey varies widely from $0.25 to $100, depending on the site you’re using and what kind of surveys you qualify to do.
What survey sites are worth it and pay with PayPal?
Most survey sites offer payment through Paypal. Top companies include Swagbucks, Opinion Outpost, PineCone Research, iPoll, i-Say, YouGov, Survey Junkie, Toluna, and PrizeRebel.
What are the best survey sites in the UK?
Some of the top paying and most reliable paid survey sites in the UK are YouGov, i-Say, iPoll, Toluna, Survey Bods, LifePoints, Panel Base, and Opinion Outpost.
What are the best survey sites in Canada?
The best paid survey sites in Canada include Swagbucks, Survey Junkie, Pinecone Research, i-Say, Branded Surveys, LifePoints, and Opinion Outpost.