Online surveys are crucial for any business to understand what their customer base is thinking, and what would help them improve their service.
It can be difficult to get individuals to take part in these surveys, but these online survey stats may help us create surveys that are sure to be completed.
General Online Survey Stats and Facts
- 20 minutes is the average length of an online or phone survey
- 24.8% is the average response rate for email surveys
- 15 to 20 questions are the average length of an online survey
Customers Online Survey Facts
- The average person can become distracted in just 8 seconds. That’s one second less than a goldfish
- Offering cash will be a great incentive for customers to fill out your survey, but the feedback they offer may not be good for your market research since they’re after the incentive as opposed to giving honest and worthwhile feedback
Online Survey Data Analysis Stats
- The average survey response rate was around 33% for Business to Business surveys
- Survey response rates of 5%-30% are typical for B2C (Business to Customer) surveys
- A survey response rate of 50% or high is considered excellent, but rare for B2C surveys
Popular Online Survey Tools Facts
- Here are some popular survey tools that are used:
- Survey Monkey
- Google Forms
- Client Heartbeat
- Zoho Survey
- Alchemy (formerly Survey Gizmo)
- Survey Planet
Interesting Online Survey Stats
- The best day to get the highest amount of completed email surveys is Monday
- To make up for one negative complaint from a customer it can take up to 12 positive experiences
- A customer will do business with you again 70% of the time if you resolve their complaint
Key Takeaways to Increase Survey Engagement
- Define the Survey Purpose
- Identify the Target Population
- Use Adequate Sample Size
- Be Brief – 8 minutes or less
- Considerately Compose the Survey
- Incentivise Responses
- Choose the Right Survey Format
- Test Your Survey
- Choose the Right Time
- Respond to Respondents
What percentage of people actually fill out a survey?
- People don’t often fill out surveys especially when there’s no incentive to do so
- Roughly 24.8% is the average response rate for email surveys.
How long is a good survey?
- Less than 8 minutes to complete and/or 30 questions
- Keep it as short as possible. Studies show that when a respondent begins a survey the drop-off rate experiences a sharp increase with each additional question, up to 15 questions
How much money can you make by completing surveys?
- About $0.50 and $3 per survey (10 to 20 minutes in length)
- Some surveys can pay up to $50, but that’s rare
- Per month you can earn between $30 and $50 on average, and a max of $500
Hopefully, this inside look at online survey stats has been beneficial!
If you’re looking to make an online survey for your business the best practice is to keep the surveys short and ensure that you offer some sort of incentive including cash or some discount to your business.