We all love deals and discounts. Groupon is a huge name if you’re looking for a bargain. For your business, it’s a great place to work on your brand recognition and increase sales.
The following stats and facts will show how many businesses and customers regularly turn to this e-Commerce platform.
General Groupon Stats and Facts 2023
- By the end of 2021, there were more than 24 million active Groupon customers
- Groupon had 4,159 employees at the end of 2020
- Between Q1 and Q4 2020, the number of employees dropped by 33.7%
- Groupon was founded in 2008 by Brad Keywell, Eric Leftkofsky, and Andrew Mason
- The current headquarters for the company is in Chicago, IL
- The first ever Groupon deal was for Motel Bar, which is located just below the company’s Chicago office
- Groupon is available in more than 20 countries, including Spain, Turkey, the UK, Japan, Mexico, the UK, France, and Germany
- An average Groupon deal can attract 350 sales and generate revenue of more than $8,750
- According to Groupon transaction statistics, the most sales are generated by Chicago Groupon
Groupon User Statistics and Demographics Statistics 2023
- According to Groupon customer statistics, almost three-quarters of Groupon’s potential users are female
- February 2021 saw 4.2 million visitors to Groupon’s UK site
- 40% of UK Groupon users say they’ve had a positive experience
- According to Groupon gender statistics, in the UK, females 42% of women are in favor of the company, compared to only 38% of UK men
- Worldwide, 71% of potential Groupon users are female
- The demographic that has enjoyed using Groupon most is aged 30-34
- 19% of people aged 18-29 have bought at least one Groupon in the previous month
Groupon Usage Statistics 2023
- In 2021, more than three-quarters of Groupon transactions were completed on a mobile device
- More than 1.5 billion Groupons have been purchased worldwide
- 88% of consumers in the UK have heard of Groupon
- In 14 years, Groupon has worked with more than a million merchants
- According to online shopping stats, Groupon is disliked by 12% of online shoppers in the UK
Groupon Coupons Stats and Facts 2023
- During Black Friday in 2021, Groupon was number five on the most searched-for site
- An average Groupon deal offers a 15%-30% discount. However, it can be as high as 90%
- During Q3 of 2020, there were 34.2 million active and unique users who purchased at least one deal during the previous year
- More than 1 million deals were sold in Q4 of 2014
- More than 500k coupons are redeemed on any given day
Groupon Customer Loyalty Statistics 2023
- Businesses who claim success when using Groupon also reported a customer return rate of 31%
- Businesses that had unsuccessful Groupon campaigns experienced a retention rate of 13%
- According to Groupon retention statistics, the number of Groupon customers has been falling for more than four years
Groupon Marketing Statistics 2023
- Groupon regularly features more than 370k active deals
- Groupon spent almost $400 million on TV commercials and online marketing in 2018
- 47% of Groupon’s revenue is spent on marketing
- Groupon spent almost $400 million on marketing in 2018
Groupon and Business Stats 2023
- 66% of businesses say their Groupon promotions were successful
- 32% of businesses claim they had no success with their Groupon promotions
- Groupon has redirected more than $25 billion into local businesses
- Mob.ly was Groupon’s first acquisition, after which they opened their first office in the Silicon Valley
- European startup City deal was acquired by Groupon in 2010
Groupon Statistics for Doctors 2023
- Groupon is able to offer patients a guaranteed rate, generally at a lower cost than they may already have access to
- A Groupon deal has the potential to bring 200-300 new patients through the door of a doctor’s practice
- Some of Groupon’s deals are controversial, such as a heart scan for $148, which is 50% off the original price
Groupon Revenue and Growth Stats 2023
- In 2021, Groupon’s profits were $737.1 million
- Revenue in the same year was $1 billion
- Gross profits increased by 9% between 2020 and 2021
- In 2020, Groupon lost $286.6 million in net income
- Revenue for 2021 was 32% lower than the previous year
- Negative growth in 2021 was a result of lower demand for goods and the restructuring of the company into a third-party marketplace
- In 2010, Groupon became available in 250 cities and had 35 million registered users
Groupon ROI Statistics 2023
- The best figures for Groupon ROI are in Q4 of 2021 when it was 27.43%
Groupon Trends 2023
- By September 2019, Groupon’s mobile app had been downloaded by over 200 million users
- Since 2014, 50% or more of Groupon’s total revenue has come from tablets and smartphones
- The number of unique global visitors was decreasing for several years until it hit an all-time low in April 2020 of 27.1 million
- Following the slump in April 2020, there was a steady rise in monthly visits, up to 32.8 million
You might be interested to check those related posts as well:
- 125 Important Affiliate Marketing Stats 2023 [Facts and Trends]
- 10+ Impressive Discord Stats: [Connecting People Around the World 2023]
- How to Develop a Blog Content Strategy: A Step-by-Step Guide in 2023
How much money does Groupon make from one business on average?
Groupon makes its money from taking a service fee. When a business advertises a deal on the platform, Groupon takes half of the sales revenue.
For example, if a deal generates $1,500 from 50 new customers, the business advertising the deal gets $750, and Groupon gets $750.
How long does Groupon take to process on average?
Groupon orders can take as long as 15 or 20 minutes to process.
On average, how much does it cost to have an ad on Groupon?
There are no upfront costs if you want to advertise a deal on Groupon. Instead, this e-Commerce company takes 50% of any profit you make on a product.
Groupon may have had a sticky start, but it has blossomed into a billion-dollar business. The brand has millions of customers and businesses who use the site, and over the years, more than a billion Grouons have been sold all over the world.
Statistics about how Groupon helps businesses show what a valuable tool it can be.
The following sources were used when compiling these Groupon stats and facts:
- Fashion Discounts
- 16 Best
- Ready Cloud
- CSI Markets
- Fox News