Broadcom is a company that develops, designs, and supplies infrastructure and semiconductor software solutions.
It was founded in 1961, and the current Chief Executive of this global technology company is Tan Hock Eng.
If you want to know more about this giant in the world of technology, the following Broadcom stats and facts should open your eyes to its importance.
General Broadcom Stats and Facts
- In 2021, Broadcom’s annual net income was $6.736 billion, an increase from the previous year’s figure of $2.961 billion.
- Broadcom is one of the world’s top 20 semiconductor companies.
- The global semiconductor industry is anticipated to grow 8% YoY in 2022 and reach a value of $541 million.
Broadcom Market Share Statistics
- In 2021, Broadcom enjoyed a 3.2% share of the global semiconductor market.
Broadcom Usage Statistics
- Broadcom’s newest high-profile customer is Meta Platforms Inc.
- Broadcom already has arrangements with Microsoft and Google.
Broadcom Employee Stats
- In 2020, Broadcom had a total of 19,000 employees.
- 82% of Broadcom’s employees are male, while 28% are female.
- White is the most common ethnicity among Broadcom employees.
Broadcom Customers Statistics
- Revenue is earned primarily through royalties and fees from software users and from the professional services it provides.
- The professional services Broadcom provides include customer education, customer training, and consulting.
- Support services available for customers include the provision of upgrades and updates and telephone support.
Broadcom Products Statistics
- Broadcom’s portfolio of products primarily focuses on infrastructure software solutions and semiconductor devices.
Broadcom vs. Qualcomm Statistics
- Employees at Broadcom rate their diversity score at 70/100 compared to 66/100 at Qualcomm.
- Broadcom gets a 67/100 or overall culture compared to Qualcomm, which gets a 71/100.
- There have been a series of US Federal Cases between Broadcom Corp and Qualcomm involving patent infringement.
Broadcom Revenue Statistics
- Broadcom’s annual net revenue for 2021 was $27.45 billion, a rise from the previous year’s figure of $23.888 billion.
- The company’s revenue in China totaled 9.75 billion US$.
Broadcom Stock Stats
- At the beginning of 2022, Broadcom’s stock dropped 12%.
- Broadcom’s common stock is listed on NASDAQ under the ticker system.
Interesting Facts About Broadcom
- Broadcom Inc’s ASIC chips will support the expansion of the “metaverse.”
- The founders of Broadcom are Henry Nicholas and Henry Samuell.
- Subsidiary companies include Broadcom Foundation, Broadcom India Private Ltd, and Serverworks International Ltd.
What percentage of Broadcom’s business is infrastructure solutions?
In Q3 2021, Broadcom’s infrastructure software solutions made up 26% of the company’s revenue.
What is Broadcom’s average salary?
The average wage of a Broadcom employee is $125,140 per annum.
What percentage of Broadcom’s sales does Apple account for?
Apple’s share of Broadcom’s sales amounts to 20%.
Broadcom is a global supplier, designer, developer, and manufacturer of a wide range of infrastructure and semiconductor software products and solutions.
It’s a billion-dollar industry that the company works in, and the statistics above show how much of a mark this brand has made on the industry.
In compiling these stats, the following sources were used:
- Expanded Ramblings
- Business Quant
- Global Data