Over the past decade, the use of virtual teams in the workplace has been slowly evolving.
As the world has been forced into isolation in recent years, a push for remote work has become not only preferred by most employees but mandated by some organizations.
Here’s a look at the current virtual team stats!
General Virtual Team Statistics 2023
- In 2020, 80% of remote work had shifted to virtual team policies.
- 62% of employees worldwide would consider quitting an in-person organization in turn for one that offers remote work.
- 25% of people globally work in a 100% remote work organization that observes virtual team policies.
Virtual Team Productivity Statistics 2023
- 75% of virtual teams say that remote collaboration helps increase their effectiveness.
- In 2018, 57% of employers said that working remotely called for higher morale in employees than in person.
- 42% of employers saw an overall increase in productivity through virtual teams.
Virtual Team Building Statistics 2023
- 25% of the workforce/teams around the world are using team-building tools and solutions.
- Employee retention rates could be improved by 4.5 times if effective comms were available.
- 64% of organizations believe virtual team building will become a permanent business component.
Virtual Team Technology Statistics 2023
- Around 90% of virtual team members say they are happy with the technology that allows them to communicate and collaborate.
- 5 of the most commonly used apps for virtual teams are Zoom, Microsoft Teams, Skype, Google Hangouts, and Slack.
- Around 36% of virtual teams use Zoom as their main form of communication and collaboration.
- A study that took place in 2018 found that 39% of virtual teams used communication solutions such as video technology for more than 50% of meetings, and 15% of virtual teams used video or webcam technology for all virtual meetings.
Future of Virtual Teams Statistics
14. In a study on 5G technology, 61% said it would lead to more opportunities and access to remote/virtual work in the future.
15. 64% of organizations say virtual team solutions will become permanent due to Covid19.
16. It has been predicted that 70% of organizations will have virtual teams by 2028.
You might be interested to check those related posts as well:
- Virtual Event Stats 2023 [for Better Decision Making]
- 107 Remote Work Stats [Every Employer Must Know] In 2023
- Productivity Stats and Facts [to Boost Your Performance] in 2023
How many organizations use virtual teams?
Around 16% of organizations around the world offer fully remote work. Roughly 44% of organizations do not use any virtual teams or offer remote work.
How much do virtual team leaders make?
The estimated total pay for a virtual team leader is about $60,875. The average salary base pay salary for a virtual team leader is about $48,672.
How long should a virtual meeting kick-off last?
A typical kick-off meeting is around 30 minutes and upwards of an hour. It is always best to try to limit this time to uphold maximum attention, especially virtually.
It also helps to break the kick-off into smaller 15 or 30-minute segments, depending on duration.
Looking at the previous virtual team stats, it seems as though we will certainly see a shift in how organizations run going forward.
Although many organizations may have felt their hand was forced to transition to virtual teams, they are reaping unforeseen benefits.
Organizations turned to virtual teams and remote work to keep their business afloat, and now, it may just be the answer to increasing their success.