There are many ways to pay online, and Stripe is by far one of the most successful and revolutionary platforms to work within this market.
Let’s take a look at how Stripe has grown over the years to become a dominant name in this market through Stripe stats.
Key Stripe Stats 2023
- Stripe began in 2011 only operating in the US, and now serves businesses in over 46 countries.
- Within the first 3 years of operating, Stripe reached a net worth of over $1 billion.
- The company is currently valued at $94.4 billion.
- That valuation of $94.4 billion is more than a 3 times increase since April 2020.
- 48 Patents are held by Stripe
- In the year 2020, Stripe processed payments of up to $350 billion.
- In the year 2019, it was $150 billion, which means it saw an increase of 133% the following year.
- Stripe has been very generous, investing in 14 companies during 2021, and taking part in 40 deals altogether since 2017.
- Stripe has a carbon removal purchase option, which takes a percentage of payment (0.1% to 0.5%), and puts it towards carbon removal projects.
- Stripe Atlas is used by over 20,000 companies.
- Stripe has over 4,000 employees in the US and worldwide.
- $140,451 is the average annual salary for a Stripe employee.
Stripe Usage Stats 2023
- Stripe is currently used by over 3.1 million active websites.
- From looking at the number and percentage of websites using it, 15.49% of the market of payment processing is held by Stripe worldwide
- 5 of the 46 countries that utilize Stripe are by invitation only
- In nearly 3 years (since 2019) Stripe has expanded its sphere to 20 other countries.
- Stripe has 32 different payment methods to choose from, the majority being carded (8), wallets (6), and bank debits (5).
Stripe Market Share and Revenue Statistics 2023
- In the initial stages of its inception, Elon Musk was an investor and up to today Stripe has raised $2.2 billion in investments
- 39 investors invest in Stripe.
- $1.6 billion was raised just in 2020 and 2021 collectively.
- Stripe is currently worth $115 billion
- Since 2014 Stripe’s value has increased by 54 times.
- From 2018 to 2020 it’s estimated that Stripe’s revenue increased by 393%
You might be interested to check those related posts as well:
- 68 Surprising PayPal Stats and Facts [and Trends] 2023
- 120+ Powerful B2B Marketing Stats and Trends 
- 11 Best Payment Methods for Freelancers [2023 Guide]
How fast is Stripe growing?
In terms of processing growth, Stripe sees at least 50% growth each year and has in the past 50 years.
Does Stripe make a profit?
Yes, Stripe charges a fee for businesses to set up an account, as well as continued services. They also have a transaction fee of 2.5%.
Their annual profit in 2020 was estimated at $7.4 billion, although that is estimated.
Seeing these trends in Stripe stats, it’s clear that Stripe will continue to grow as a payment processing business, and although they don’t disclose a lot of its data, it’s clear that they are a profitable business with beneficial initiatives.