There are so many things in life that we can encounter that can shake our perception of the world. What we perceive is what we believe to be true, so it is important to make ourselves aware of the state of how we view things. This collection of 125 quotes about perspective and reality will help you to find out things to be grateful for in life and take a fresh perspective on your daily challenges.
Inspirational Quotes About Perspective 2023
The following inspirational quotes about perspective are motivating, uplifting, and full of wisdom.
- “Life is about perspective and how you look at something… ultimately, you have to zoom out.” – Whitney Wolfe Herd
- “Perspective is everything when you are experiencing the challenges of life.” – Joni Eareckson Tada
- “It’s important to have people who are absolutely willing to say you’re wrong or who have a totally different perspective than you do on everything. Fresh ideas are hard to come by, and good ones are even harder.” – Shonda Rhimes
- “If you’re wondering what I mean by “miracle”, it’s simple: a miracle is a shift in perspective from fear to love.” – Gabrielle Bernstein
- “From a motivation perspective, helping others enriches the meaning and purpose of our own lives, showing us that our contributions matter and energizing us to work harder, longer, and smarter.” – Adam Grant
- “The greatest tragedy for any human being is going through their entire lives believing the only perspective that matters is their own.” – Doug Baldwin
- “I’m just thankful for everything, all the blessings in my life. I think that’s the best way to start your day and finish your day. It keeps everything in perspective.” – Tim Tebow
- “I just want people to take a step back, take a deep breath, and actually look at something with a different perspective. But most people will never do that.” – Brian McKnight
- “With time and experience comes a different perception of what’s going on around you.” – Chris Robinson
- “Beyond our most stubborn misperception lies often our fondest dream.” – Robert Brault
- “No perspective, no perception. New perspective, new perception.” – Toba Beta
- “We think perception is going to become a commodity over the years.” – Karl Iagnemma
- “Always let intuitive perception precede analysis.” – Darby Bannard
- “When we become fixed in our perceptions, we lose our ability to fly.” – Yongey Mingyur Rinpoche
- “Heightened perception is the goal: becoming more aware of how you see, not just what you see.” – Michael Kimmelman
Quotes on Different Perspectives 2023
Sometimes, all it takes for things to seem better is a change in perspective. It’s not so much about changing your situation as it is about looking at it in a different way and making the best out of it. Take a look at this list of different perspective quotes.
- “It’s all in the mind.” – George Harrison
- “Truth is universal. Perception of truth varies.” – Bohdi Sanders
- “A shift in perspective opens a completely new set of unlimited possibilities.” – Satsuki Shibuya
- “It’s not what you look at that matters; it’s what you see.” – Henry David Thoreau
- “Always focus on the front windshield and not the rearview mirror.” – Colin Powell
- “If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” – Wayne Dyer
- “The joy of tasting different cultures is it gives you a broad perspective.” – Henry Golding
- “It all depends on how we look at things, and not how they are in themselves.” – Carl Jung
- “Seeing is believing, but the truth depends on your point of view.” – Priyanshu Raghuvansh
- “Distance not only gives nostalgia, but perspective, and maybe objectivity.” – Robert Morgan
- “To change ourselves effectively, we first had to change our perceptions.” – Stephen R. Covey
- “If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change the way you think about it.” – Mary Engelbreit
- “It is entirely possible that behind the perception of our senses, worlds are hidden of which we are unaware.” –Albert Einstein
- “I’m always looking for a fresh perspective because it’s fun to tell stories that are original and new in some way.” – Jack Black
- “Attachment constrains our vision so that we are not able to see things from a wider perspective.” – Dalai Lama
- “Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is perspective, not the truth.” – Marcus Aurelis
- “There are things known and there are things unknown, and in between are the doors of perception.” – Aldous Huxley
- “Winners have the ability to step back from the canvas of their lives like an artist gaining perspective.” – Denis Waitley
Quotes About Perspective and Reality 2023
How you perceive reality depends on your perspective. Here’s a list of quotes about perspective on life that you might find uplifting.
- “Reality is a question of perspective.” – Salman Rushdie
- “It’s not what you look at that matters, it’s what you see.” – Henry David Thoreau
- “Miracles are a shift in perception.” – Kenneth Wapnick
- “Reality doesn’t bite, rather our perception of reality bites.” – Anthony J. D’Angelo
- “A work of art doesn’t exist outside the perception of the audience.” – Abbas Kiarostami
- “We must not allow other people’s perceptions to define us.” – Virginia Satir
- “We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.” – Oscar Wilde
- “If I make a fool of myself, who cares? I’m not frightened by anyone’s perception of me.” – Angelina Jolie
- “Perception is real even when it is not reality.” – Edward de Bono
- “I think the perception of peace is what distracts most people from really having it.” – Joyce Meyer
- “One person’s craziness is another person’s reality.” – Tim Burton
- “If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, infinite.” – William Blake
- “Your reality is as you perceive it to be. So, it is true, that by altering our perception we can alter our reality.” – William Constantine
- “The difference between average people and achieving people is their perception of and response to failure.” – John C. Maxwell
- “Your perception creates your reality. You can look at life and see scarcity or abundance. It depends on your mindset.” – Joe Vitale
- “It is above all by the imagination that we achieve perception and compassion and hope.” – Ursula K. Le Guin
Quotes on Changing Perspective 2023
Change your perspective, and the world changes with you. And sometimes, all you need to do to see things in a more positive way is to change your way of thinking. These wise quotes on changing perspective confirm that.
- “If we climb high enough, we will reach a height from which tragedy ceases to look tragic.” – Irvin D. Yalom
- “No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created it.” – Albert Einstein
- “Every problem has a solution; it may sometimes just need another perspective.” – Katherine Russell
- “If the stars should appear but one night every thousand years how man would marvel and adore.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “You have the ability to choose your reactions.” – Steve Maraboli
- “The greatest discovery of all time is that a person can change his future by merely changing his attitude.” – Oprah Winfrey
Quotes on Perspective of Life 2023
Everyone has their own perspective of the world. This is what helps them make sense of the madness called life. Here are a few motivating quotes on the perspective of life.
- “The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who think.” – Horace Walpole
- “Often it isn’t the mountains ahead that wear you out, it’s the little pebble in your shoe.” – Muhammad Ali
- “The mind is everything. What you think you become.” – Buddha
- “Child, you have to learn to see things in the right proportions. Learn to see great things great and small things small.” – Corrie Ten Boom
- “The way to see how beautiful the earth is, is to see it as the moon. The way to see how beautiful life is, is from the vantage point of death.” – Ursula K. Le Guin
- “We all feel that the opposite of our own highest principle must be purely destructive, deadly, and evil. We refuse to endow it with any positive life–force; hence we avoid and fear it.” – C.G. Jung
- “Perspective is necessary. Otherwise there are only two dimensions. Otherwise you live with your face squashed up against a wall, everything a huge foreground, of details, close–ups, hairs, the weave of the bedsheet, the molecules of the face.” – Margaret Atwood
- “No mountain is of any appreciable height to break the curve of the sphere.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “In ten years time will you look back at your past week and be glad how you chose to spend it?” – Freequill
- “I thought I was rich because I had just one flower, and all I own is an ordinary rose. That and my three volcanoes, which come up to my knee, one of which may be permanently extinct. It doesn’t make me much of a Prince. . . And he lay down in the grass and wept.” – Antoine de Saint–Exupéry
Quotes About Perspective from Literature 2023
Literature is filled with wise and inspirational quotes said by exceptional writers and our favorite characters. Here are some of our favorite quotes about perspective in literature.
- “Think you of the fact that a deaf person cannot hear. Then, what deafness may we not all possess? What senses do we lack that we cannot see and cannot hear another world all around us?” – Dune by Frank Herbert
- “Perhaps no man could appreciate his own world until he had seen it from space.” – A Fall of Moondust by Arthur C. Clarke
- “The very stone one kicks with one’s boot will outlast Shakespeare.” – To the Lighthouse by Virginia Woolf
- “One never can tell from the sidewalk just what the view is to some one on the inside, looking out.” – Knocking the Neighbors by George Ade
- “Come what may, I am bound to think that all things are ordered for the best; though when the good is a furlong off, and we with our beetle eyes can only see three inches, it takes some confidence in general principles to pull us through.” – The Stark Munro Letters by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
- “Will not a tiny speck very close to our vision blot out the glory of the world, and leave only a margin by which we see the blot?” – Middlemarch by George Eliot
Higher Perspective Quotes 2023
If you want to change your life, you need to see things from a higher perspective. Here’s what that means.
- ”An eye for an eye will only make the whole world blind.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- ”We may encounter many defeats, but we must not be defeated.” – Maya Angelou
- ”You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection” – Gautama Buddha
- ”Faith is an oasis in the heart which will never be reached by the caravan of thinking.” – Khalil Gibran
- ”He is a wise man who does not grieve for the things which he has not, but rejoices for those which he has.” – Epictetus
- ”Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” – Rumi
- ”I did not wish to take a cabin passage, but rather to go before the mast and on the deck of the world, for there I could best see the moonlight amid the mountains. I do not wish to go below now.” – Henry David Thoreau
- ”What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- ”That pleasure which is at once the purest, the most elevating and the most intense, is derived, I maintain, from the contemplation of the beautiful.” – Edgar Allan Poe
- ”Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.” – George Bernard Shaw
- ”No one wants to die. Even people who want to go to heaven don’t want to die to get there. And yet death is the destination we all share. No one has ever escaped it. And that is as it should be because death is very likely the single best invention of Life. It is Life’s change agent. It clears out the old to make way for the new.” – Steve Jobs
- ”There is only one real sin, and that is to persuade oneself that the second–best is anything but second best.” – Doris Lessing
Positive Quotes About Perspective 2023
Life is all about perspective. And if we think positively about what happens to us, we’re able to turn the bad things into positive ones. Here’s a list of positive quotes about perspective to inspire you to think positively.
- “Loving people live in a loving world. Hostile people live in a hostile world. Same world.” – Wayne W. Dyer
- “Being grateful all the time isn’t easy. But it’s when you feel least thankful that you are most in need of what gratitude can give you: perspective. Gratitude can transform any situation, It alters your vibration, moving you from negative energy to positive. It’s the quickest, easiest, most powerful way to effect change in your life – this I know for sure.” – Oprah Winfrey
- “Keep your thoughts positive because your thoughts become your words. Keep your words positive because your words become your behavior. Keep your behavior positive because your behavior becomes your habits. Keep your habits positive because your habits become your values. Keep your values positive because your values become your destiny.” – Gandhi
- “We are all the heroes of our own stories, and on of the arts of perspective is to see yourself small on the stage of another’s story, to see the vast expanse of the world that is not about you, and to see your power, to make your life, to make others, or break them, to tell stories rather that be told by them.” – Rebecca Solnit
- “No man has the right to dictate what other men should perceive, create or produce, but all should be encouraged to reveal themselves, their perceptions and emotions, and to build confidence in the creative spirit.” – Ansel Adams
- “What people in the world think of you is really none of your business.” – Martha Graham
- “Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” – David Hume
- “Because one believes in oneself, one doesn’t try to convince others. Because one is content with oneself, one doesn’t need others’ approval. Because one accepts oneself, the whole world accepts him or her.” – Lao Tzu
- “Miracles happen everyday, change your perception of what a miracle is and you’ll see them all around you.” – Jon Bon Jovi
- “Owing to some peculiarity in my nervous system, I have perception of some things, which no one else has; or at least very few, if any… I can throw rays from every quarter of the universe into one vast focus.” – Ada Lovelace
Short Quotes About Perspective 2023
Here’s a list of short quotes about the perspective you can use for your social media posts or hang on your wall.
- “There are no facts, only interpretations.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
- “We often need to lose sight of our priorities in order to see them.” – John Irving
- “The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.” – Ian Fleming
- “Poets are damned… but see with the eyes of angels.” – Allen Ginsberg
- “Distance lends enchantment to the view.” – Mark Twain
- “Knowledge is of no value unless you put it into perspective.” – Anton Chekhov
- “Distance has the same effect on the mind as on the eye.” – Samuel Johnson
- “There are always flowers for those who want to see them.” – Henry Matisse
- “Perspective and control are the two ingredients to time management.” – David Allen
- “A mountain still in the distance can appear as a molehill.” – Howard Fast
- “The world reveals itself to those who travel on foot.” – Werner Herzog
- “A man sees in the world what he carries in his heart.” – Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
Famous Quotes About Perspective 2023
Here are a few famous quotes about the perspective that you may have heard before.
- “There is only a perspective seeing, only a perspective “knowing”; and the more affects we allow to speak about one thing, the more eyes, different eyes, we can use to observe one thing, the more complete will our “concept” of this thing, our “objectivity,” be.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
- “A truly great book should be read in youth, again in maturity and once more in old age, as a fine building should be seen by morning light, at noon and by moonlight.” – Robertson Davies
- “It is the obvious which is so difficult to see most of the time. People say ‘It’s as plain as the nose on your face.’ But how much of the nose on your face can you see, unless someone holds a mirror up to you?” – Isaac Asimov
Funny Quotes About Perspective 2023
Life doesn’t always have to be so serious! And if we see everything from a lighter perspective, our lives become instantly brighter.
- “Books say: She did this because. Life says: She did this. Books are where things are explained to you; life is where things aren’t. I’m not surprised some people prefer books.” – Julian Barnes
- “In three words I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life: it goes on.” – Robert Frost
- “If the real world were a book, it would never find a publisher. Overlong, detailed to the point of distraction – and ultimately, without a major resolution.” – Jasper Fforde
- “Life doesn’t imitate art, it imitates bad television.” – Woody Allen
- “Opera is when a guy gets stabbed in the back and, instead of bleeding, he sings.” –Robert Benchley
- “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.” – Albert Einstein
Perspective Quotes for Instagram 2023
Looking for some witty perspective quotes for your Instagram captions? Look no further than this list.
- If you are not obsessed with your life, change it.
- Throw kindness around like confetti.
- “You have to be odd to be number one.” – Dr. Suess
- Not weird. Limited edition.
- I’ve always loved the idea of not being what people expect me to be.
- Fitting in is boring. Be fiercely you.
- Dare to be different.
- Some of the most wonderful people are the ones who don’t fit into boxes.
- I’m not beautiful like you. I’m beautiful like me.
- “You are allowed to be both a masterpiece and a work in progress, simultaneously.” – Sophia Bush
- “It’s all in the mind.” – George Harrison
You might be interested to check those related posts as well:
- 70+ Powerful Life Quotes [and Sayings] to Live By 2023
-  Light Quotes to Bring the Sunshine Into Life this 2023
- 25 Best Quotes About Change [for the Better] in 2023
We hope you’ve found these inspirational quotes by wise people a useful tool to improve your outlook and attitude. Some of the most influential people in history are remembered not because they were rich or achieved great things but because they changed people’s ideas about what was possible through their words. Their optimism has become legendary, and it is one we can all learn from.