When life gets dark it can help to get some inspiration, and nothing can brighten up your day like the light from the sun, a flame, or these uplifting quotes.
Physical light can brighten your day, and profound words can brighten your mind.
Here are some inspirational quotes to bring some light to your life.
30 Inspirational Light Quotes to Illuminate Your Life
Some of the best authors and yogis have visions of light that they have manifested into words, and they are more than just the typical, be-the-light quotes, you might find on the internet.
Here are 30 quotes about light that are sure to illuminate your mind and your life:
- “Travel light, live light, spread the light, be the light.” – Yogi Bhajan
- “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.” – Ronald Reagan
- “As we work to create light for others, we naturally light our own way.” – Mary Anne Radmacher
- “Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.” ― Martin Luther King Jr.”
- “Give light and people will find the way.” – Ella Baker
- “Give light, and the darkness will disappear of itself.” – Desiderius Erasmus
- “How far that little candle throws his beams! So shines a good deed in a weary world.” ― William Shakespeare, The Merchant of Venice”
- “I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness for it shows me the stars.” ― Og Mandino”
- “If a man is to shed the light of the sun upon other men, he must, first of all, have it within himself.” ― Romain Rolland”
- “In order for the light to shine so brightly, the darkness must be present.” – Sir Francis Bacon
- “In the right light, at the right time, everything is extraordinary.” – Aaron Rose
- “It is better to light one small candle than to curse the darkness.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “Learn to light a candle in the darkest moments of someone’s life. Be the light that helps others see; it is what gives life its deepest significance.” ― Roy T. Bennett”
- “Light is the symbol of truth.” – James Russell Lowell
- “Light is to darkness what love is to fear; in the presence of one the other disappears.” – Marianne Williamson
- “Light must come from inside. You cannot ask the darkness to leave; you must turn on the light.” – Sogyal Rinpoche
- “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first and is waiting for it.” ― Terry Pratchett, Reaper Man”
- “Long is the way and hard, that out of Hell leads up to light.” ― John Milton, Paradise Lost”
- “May it be a light to you in dark places, when all other lights go out.” ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring”
- “Moonlight drowns out all but the brightest stars.” ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings”
- “Pointing to another world will never stop vice among us; shedding light over this world can alone help us.” ― Walt Whitman”
- “The light shines in the darkness and the darkness comprehended it not.” – Bible
- “There are darknesses in life and there are lights, and you are one of the lights, the light of all lights.” ― Bram Stoker, Dracula”
- “There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it.” – Edith Wharton
- “To shine your brightest light is to be who you truly are.” ― Roy T. Bennett”
- “We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.” ― Plato”
- “When you light a candle, you also cast a shadow.” ― Ursula K. Le Guin”
- “When you possess light within, you see it externally.” – Anas Nin
- “Your path is illuminated by the light, yet darkness lets the stars shine bright.” – J.L.W. Brooks
- “It’s not necessary to blow out your neighbor’s light to let your own shine.” – M.R. Dehaan
These were some of the most inspirational light quotes that we could find.
We hope that they illuminate your day and your mind, and help you to become the light you want to give to the world.