Chances are, you’ve heard the quote, “Nothing in this world is constant but change” and many other great quotes about change. But how often do we think about all of the implications these statements hold?
Undoubtedly not as often as we should. We’re all guilty of taking it for granted that things will change because, after all, they’re supposed to. Unless you believe that nothing changes or that everything stays constant, then it’s fair to say that change is inevitable at some point.
Some people resist change, and some embrace it. Those who choose to embrace change may feel empowered and free to live life on their terms. Change can be a good thing, even if it’s challenging at first.
If you’re looking for inspiration, here are 25 quotes about change that might help you find the motivation to work through your problems.
Famous Quotes About Change 2023
Change frequently happens in our lives, whether it be a change of scenery or the opening up of new opportunities. With these changes often come both positive and negative effects on people’s lives.
However, many famous figures have shared their thoughts about change through quotes that can help us find some positivity in this otherwise stressful event. Read on to discover what some great minds have said about change!
- “There is nothing permanent except change.” — Heraclitus
- “The measure of intelligence is the ability to change.” — Albert Einstein
- “The secret of change is to focus all of your energy not on fighting the old, but on building the new.” — Socrates
- “Change is the law of life, and those who look only to the past and present are certain to miss the future.” — John F. Kennedy
- “Be the change that you wish to see in the world.” — Mahatma Gandhi
Positive Quotes About Change 2023
One of the most challenging things to do is change.
There is always resistance and fear, whether it is a new job, a new house, or even just a shift in perspective. It is hard not to feel anxious about what the future may hold. However, change can be good and can lead to more fulfilling and happy lives.
Change brings the opportunity to learn, grow, heal, and take care of yourself in new ways. People who can see the potential of change often embrace it. The following quotes will help remind you that there is beauty in change.
- “Dreams are the seeds of change. Nothing ever grows without a seed, and nothing ever changes without a dream.” — Debby Boone
- “It doesn’t matter how strong your opinion are. If you don’t use your power for positive change, you are indeed part of the problem.” — Coretta Scott King
- “The changes we dread most may contain our salvation.” — Barbara Kingsolver
- “I cannot say whether things will get better if we change; what I can say is they must change if they are to get better.” — Georg C. Lichtenberg
- “Miracles happen every day, change your perception of what a miracle is and you’ll see them all around you.” — Jon Bon Jovi
Quotes About Embracing Change and Growth 2023
By embracing change and all the new opportunities that come with it, we can thrive in a changing world. Being open-minded and accepting of changes is essential in this ever-changing world. We must become confident in our ability to learn from these changes and use them as a way to better ourselves.
Below are some quotes about embracing change and growth that may inspire you to do the same.
- “Change is inevitable. Growth is optional.” — John Maxwell
- “I can’t change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.” — Jimmy Dean
- “If you can’t change it, change your attitude.” — Maya Angelou
- “You never change your life until you step out of your comfort zone; change begins at the end of your comfort zone.” — Roy T. Bennett
- “It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change.” — Charles Darwin
Quotes About Change in Life and Moving on 2023
What may seem like a devastating setback or a tragedy can very well turn out to be the best thing that ever happened to us. So we need to learn how to make all kinds of changes in stride and make them work for us, instead of against us.
There are quotes of wisdom and encouragement we can follow to help us take those first steps forward.
- “To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.” — Winston Churchill
- “Times and conditions change so rapidly that we must keep our aim constantly focused on the future.” — Walt Disney
- “Change before you have to.” — Jack Welch
- “Change is painful, but nothing is as painful as staying stuck somewhere you don’t belong.” — Mandy Hale
- “The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.” — Alan Watts
Quotes About Change in Business and Societal Growth 2023
There is no such thing as standing still in the business world.
The world is changing at a rapid pace, perhaps more so than it has in the past. The types of business models are changing, how economies work is changing, and the way society functions are changing.
For companies to succeed in today’s business landscape, they must continuously adapt to changing customer needs and technological advancements that may affect their industry. Instead of fearing change, entrepreneurs should welcome it because change strengthens their ventures.
- “The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do.” — Steve Jobs
- “If you want to make enemies, try to change something.” — Woodrow Wilson
- “In a chronically leaking boat, energy devoted to changing vessels is more productive than energy devoted to patching leaks.” — Warren Buffett
- “If you’re in a bad situation, don’t worry it’ll change. If you’re in a good situation, don’t worry it’ll change.” — John A. Simone, Sr.
- “All great changes are preceded by chaos.” — Deepak Chopra
You might be interested to check those related posts as well:
- 45+ Best Self-Change Quotes [to Reinforce Growth] in 2023
- 150+ Amazing Motivational and Inspirational Quotes [to Keep Going] for 2023
- 125 Motivational Quotes About Perspective [in 2023]
While change may be tough and challenging, it can also be exciting and lead to growth. Conversely, becoming stagnant is never good for business or personal life.
Feeling discouraged about your change in circumstances? Just remember that it could just be part of the process of coming out on the other side better than you were before.