Foxconn Technology Group is a Taiwanese company headquartered in Tucheng, New Taipei City, Taiwan. Foxconn has been on the market for 48 years.
It was established in 1974 by an industrialist from Taiwan called Terry Gou.
In this article, we’ve gathered some of the most relevant Foxconn stats and facts to give you a better understanding of this global outsourcing service provider.
General Foxconn Stats and Facts 2023
While Foxconn is the largest technology manufacturer in the world, not many people know this company very well.
Here are some key stats and facts about Foxconn:
- Foxconn is the world’s largest technology manufacturer.
- In 2021, Foxconn ranked 22nd on the Fortune Global 500 list.
- Foxconn is the world’s 312th most valuable company in terms of market cap.
Foxconn Employment Statistics 2023
Foxconn is a global company with many factories around Taiwan and China, employing millions of people.
Here are some Foxconn employment statistics worth knowing:
- In 2020, Foxconn employed 1,290,000 people.
- Approximately 400,000 Foxconn employees live and work in its two primary campuses in Shenzhen.
- It was reported that 5.5% of Foxconn’s employees in Chengdu were aged 16 or 17.
- The average age of a Foxconn factory worker across is 23.
- In 2020, Foxconn employed 810,000 people across 27 factories.
Foxconn Working Conditions Stats and Facts 2023
Foxconn has often been accused of providing poor working conditions for its factory workers.
Many journalists have reported that Foxconn underpays its employees, forces them to work long hours, and sleeps in shared dormitories with nine other people.
Here are some controversial statistics and facts about Foxconn’s working conditions:
- Foxconn has been the subject of controversies regarding the working conditions in its factories.
- It’s estimated that around 300,000 young migrants work in Foxconn’s factories in Shenzhen.
- Foxconn employees have complained about the company’s military-style drills, long hours, being forced to work many consecutive days, and verbal abuse from superiors.
- Due to poor working conditions, an average Foxconn factory employee lasts no more than a few months with the company.
- According to a New York Times reporter, an average Foxconn factory employee sleeps in a dormitory with nine other employees.
- According to the same reporter, a typical Foxconn factory worker works 11 to 13-hour shifts and makes an average of $130 per month.
- In December 2011, it was reported that 46% of Foxconn factory workers clocked up to 70 hours per week.
- It’s been reported that around 14% of Foxconn’s factory workers refused to be paid for overtime.
Foxconn Product Statistics 2023
Foxconn has a wide range of products, including manufactured hardware and software. Some of the hardware it produces includes personal computers, motherboards, monitors, televisions, and other related electronics.
Take a look at these Foxconn product statistics:
- Over 40% of the world’s electronics products are produced by Foxconn.
- Electronics, electronic components, PCBs, PCB components, and computer chips are among Foxconn’s main products.
- Foxconn produces a range of products, such as iPhones, iPads, BlackBerry devices, Kindle devices, Nintendo gaming systems, Nokia devices, Sony devices, Google Pixel devices, Xiaomi devices, and Microsoft’s Xbox consoles.
- Foxconn is the major PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 gaming console producer.
- It’s estimated that Foxconn’s plants make around 500,000 smartphones a day.
- According to iPhone stats, Foxconn’s Zhengzhou plants iPhone production accounts for 80% of all iPhones worldwide.
Foxconn Revenue Statistics 2023
Foxconn is the largest contract electronics manufacturer in the world and generates a large portion of its revenue from smartphones and tablets.
The company’s revenue statistics are truly astonishing!
- As of 2022 TTM, Foxconn’s revenue is estimated at $216.69 billion.
- In 2019, Foxconn generated $178 billion in revenue.
- In 2021, Foxconn generated a revenue of $214.71 billion.
- Foxconn’s operating income in 2021 was estimated at $5.8 billion.
- In 2021, Foxconn reached a net income of $4.17 billion.
- As of 2022, it’s estimated that Foxconn has $117 billion in total assets.
- Foxconn’s total equity is valued at $47.2 billion.
Foxconn Stock Statistics 2023
What is Foxconn’s stock price today? How is Foxconn doing on the stock market?
Take a look at the statistics below to find out:
- As of August 2022, Foxconn’s market cap was $51.14 billion.
- As of 2022, Foxconn’s share price is $3.69.
- As of August 2022, Foxconn’s stock price is $50.60
- Foxconn’s 52-week high stock price is $71.80, and its 52-week low stock price is $45.10.
Unknown and Interesting Facts About Foxconn
Foxconn’s factories produce products for some of the biggest brands in the world, which is why Foxconn has become one of the most important companies worldwide. But there’s more to this company than its size and rapid growth.
Here are some interesting facts about Foxconn you may not know:
- Foxconn is the main producer of Apple’s products.
- Sharp, Linksys, and Belkin are three of Foxconn’s subsidiaries.
- Foxconn aims to hold 5% of the global electronic vehicles (EV) market share by the end of 2025.
You might be interested to check those related posts as well:
- 27+ Amazing iPhone Stats [Facts and Trends to Know] 2023
- 63 Cool Alphabet Google Stats [and Facts] this 2023
- 135 Great Team Names [for You] to Use 2023
What percentage of phones is made by Foxconn?
It’s estimated that 500,000 smartphones are made every day in Foxconn’s factories in Zhengzhou. This accounts for a whopping 80% of all iPhones made and released worldwide.
How much does the average Foxconn worker make?
According to many sources and reporters, an average Foxconn factory worker makes only $130 per month while working in poor conditions, being verbally abused by superiors, and being forced to work unpaid hours.
How much does Foxconn make a year?
As of 2022, it’s estimated that Foxconn’s revenue from the last 12 months is $216.69 billion. However, in 2021, their net profit was significantly lower – $4.41 billion.
One of the world’s largest electronics manufacturers, Foxconn, plays a major role in the devices that we carry and use daily.
With hundreds of thousands of employees around the globe and millions more products being put out each year, Foxconn has become one of the most prominent companies to watch in the shifting global economy.
However, this global giant has also faced many accusations about its poor working conditions and has experienced a global backlash against human rights.
We hope this article has given you valuable insights into the truth behind Foxconn.
- Facts and Details
- Expanded Ramblings
- Global Times
- Companies Market Cap
- Business Standard
- Market Watch