We’ve all heard of Google, but how many of you recognize the name DuckDuckGo?
This company was founded in 2008 by Gabriel Weinberg and has become a popular alternative to Google.
In this article, we will talk about interesting DuckDuckGo Stats to open your eyes to the possibilities.
The promise that DuckDuckGo makes is that it provides anonymous “internet searches” that are free of filter bubbles that other well-known search engines use.
It is also committed to protecting the privacy of those that use the service, not using cookies, safeguarding personal data, and keeping IP addresses hidden.
If you’re looking for a Google alternative, DuckDuckGo (DDG) could be what you’re looking for.
General DuckDuckGo Stats 2023
- Google advertising has a reputation for being expensive, however, with DuckDuckGo it is 10x more affordable.
- 400 sources are used to provide niche Instant Answers including various crowdsourcing websites together with search engines such as Bing and Yahoo.
- DuckDuckGo achieved its goal of becoming carbon neutral by September 2021.
- 125% of DuckDuckGo’s net emissions are donated to Gold Standard projects.
- In 2021, the company donated $1 million to organizations promoting cybersecurity.
- DuckDuckGo has successfully attracted millions of dollars in venture capital investments, up to $113 million to date.
- In terms of Alexa ranking, DDG is #140 in terms of visited websites globally.
- DuckDuckGo celebrated its 13th birthday in February 2021.
- To help promote its “offline” approach, this search engine has erected 2,245 billboards across the United States.
- This search engine’s bounce rate is just 8.3%.
- More than 30% of adult search engine users in the US say they would swap search engines because of concerns about data privacy.
- The net worth of this search engine company is estimated to be $904 million.
- According to 83% of search engine users, tailored advertisements are unethical.
- 76% of search engine users consider customized news feeds to be unethical.
DuckDuckGo Market Share Stats 2023
- In North America, DuckDuckGo is at #2 in the list of commonly used mobile search engines.
- On a monthly basis, DuckDuckGo is estimated to have between 70 and 100 million users.
- In America, there are 27 million DuckDuckGo users.
- On desktop, the US market share of DuckDuckGo is 2.87%.
- DuckDuckGo’s revenue passed the $100 million mark in 2020.
- More than 50% of DuckDuckGo searches originate in the US.
- On a global scale, DuckDuckGo has tripled its market share in the space of 5 years.
- Over the last three years, the number of search queries has increased by 165%.
- In Indonesia, DuckDuckGo is one of the most searched terms. It also achieved a perfect 100 score on Google Trends.
DuckDuckGo Usage Statistics 2023
- Over 100 million searches are performed every day by DuckDuckGo users.
- In 2012, four years after its launch, there were 1 million searches every day on DuckDuckGo.
- In 2021, DDG users performed over 35 billion searches.
- In the first quarter of 2022, over 4.8 billion searches were made.
- Android users now have the option to choose their own search engine upon installation and DuckDuckGo is among the top 5 choices across 31 countries.
- 63.1% of DDG’s traffic share are mobile users.
DuckDuckGo Apps and Extensions
- DuckDuckGo has a mobile app and there are 6 million downloads every month.
- DuckDuckGo also has a Chrome extension with more than 6 million users.
- The DuckDuckGo mobile browser is available on Google Play and is one of the top 200 most popular.
- On Apple’s App Store, it is ranked #18 in the Utility app category.
- App tracking protection was introduced by DDG, at the end of 2021, for Android devices.
You might be interested to check those related posts as well:
- 30 Impressive Bing Stats 2023 [Google’s Little Brother]
- Top 6 Digital Analytics Software for 2023
-  Wise Self Care and Mental Health Quotes this 2023
What percentage of people use DuckDuckGo?
In the US, DuckDuckGo has a 2.42% share of the mobile search market and is second only to Yahoo.
How many employees does DuckDuckGo have?
Based in Paoli, Pennsylvania, in Greater Philadelphia, DuckDuckGo had 169 employees in January 2022.
These employees work remotely, across 10 countries.
How does DDGo make money?
According to the company itself, it makes money via affiliate and advertising revenue.
This includes sponsored links (syndicated via Yahoo) which appear at the top of search results.
DDG may have been an idea thrashed out in a basement, but it has quickly grown into a possible rival to Google and an advocate of user privacy. From its humble beginnings, it continues to gain momentum.
Many people considered the brand’s goal of becoming a search engine leader to be an optimistic one. However, the statistics above only go to show how this search engine is beating records constantly.
People are now becoming more aware of the need for privacy which means this relatively new search engine should gain more traction in the coming months and years.
In the process of collecting these stats, the following resources were used: