On TikTok, visibility begets visibility, helping your brand increase organically.
You’re on the right page to achieve that goal.
This article discusses:
- Why you may not be getting enough views
- 23 actionable tactics to increase your TikTok views, with steps and pro tips
- Inspiring examples
Keep reading below.
Why You’re Not Getting TikTok Views
You should first understand why you’re not getting TikTok views so you can apply personalized tactics to increase those views.
- New account: In this case, the traffic may take a while to appear. Research your audience to produce relevant content and post it at the right times.
- Shadowban: TikTok will hide your content if you break the platform’s guidelines.
- Sensitive content: Sensitive content that doesn’t break TikTok’s guidelines decreases views because people skip over it quickly. TikTok’s algorithm picks up this shorter watch time and makes your content less visible to others.
- Low-quality content/ not visually appealing: TikTok users have short attention spans. They need quality audio and images, plus special visual effects to keep them interested.
- Irrelevant for the TikTok community: The TikTok community looks for authentic, raw, and insightful content.
- Not posting frequently enough or at the right time: This prevents people from engaging with you because you’re not top of their minds. This lower engagement tells TikTok’s algorithm to hide your content further.
- Not optimized for the FYP: If you don’t use the right keywords, hooks, images, or captions, the algorithm doesn’t deem your content relevant. Therefore, you will get fewer views.
23 Ways to Boost Your TikTok Views
Take a second to assess which issue might affect your TikTok views.
Now, read along to find the best solutions to that problem:
Do Your Research (Audience, Niche & Competitors)
Research helps you understand which type of content works best for your:
- Target audience
- The platform you’re on (in this case, TikTok)
This content will set your brand apart from the competition.
Here’s how to do thorough research on TikTok:
- Browse hashtags and keywords: First, define your niche. Next, search for specific seed keywords related to that niche to find trending content. Make an Excel table, analyzing that content by length, keywords, images, trends, sounds, and other variables that make sense.
- Research your audience: Analyze how TikTok users engage with these posts. Determine which content has the most views and quality comments.
- Analyze your competitors: Search for your rivals’ TikTok profiles. Jot down their best and worst posts to understand your opportunities (and also your mistakes).
Let’s say you have a brow lamination business. Typing in this keyword shows you relevant posts with lots of views, such as:
- Dos and don’ts
- Get ready with me (GRWM)
- You’ll need a thorough Excel table to monitor all these factors.
- Use a social media listening tool for more in-depth analytics.
- Consider outlining a TikTok SEO strategy based on keywords with high search intent and trends that move the needle.
Add #Hashtags (with Relevant Keywords)
Hashtags are keywords. You should also ensure they’re relevant to your audience and niche.
These keywords affect your TikTok views because they tell TikTok what your content is about.
Obviously, you want the algorithm to precisely understand what you’re posting about. This will help TikTok showcase your videos to interested people.
For instance, let’s consider that you’re promoting adjustable standing desks. By effectively leveraging the power of hashtags, you can significantly enhance your reach.
In the post below, creator @thejunglebadger reviews a standing desk by FlexiSpot:
The hashtags include the products reviewed, the brand’s name, and the main keyword (#standingdesk). Notice the creator also added a location hashtag (#FlexiSpotUK) to attract local TikTok users.
- Use only relevant hashtags.
- Avoid overly precise hashtags because it makes your post too specific.
- Don’t trick the algorithm by including a chain of #FYP, #ForYouPage, and other variations.
Leverage Trends and Challenges
Trends and challenges increase views because they’re very engaging. And TikTok’s engagement rate is already high at 69%. Besides:
- You’re leveraging hashtags with already high traffic that increase your visibility.
- TikTok will show your videos to people who already interacted with similar content.
- Stand out with unique content. TikTok promotes distinctive videos that users find appealing.
- Do your research. Some TikTok trends can disappear after a week, so your content can quickly become irrelevant again.
Here’s Grammarly leveraging the corporate humor trend:
TikTok users have short attention spans. If your content is long or unappealing, these people simply scroll past it.
Therefore, TikTok’s algorithm will deem your content unattractive and make it less visible.
Hooks are catchy phrases, images, or sounds that stop people from scrolling down.
Sephora creates curiosity by using an attractive caption in the video below:
- Start your video with a compelling hook.
- Use 2-3 hooks if your TikTok video is longer.
- Don’t overdo it; you don’t want to sound spammy.
Use Trending Sound Effects
Trending sound effects leverage TikTok’s algorithm in a similar way to hashtags.
Basically, TikTok will show your content to people who watched TikTok videos with the same sound effect.
And you can easily find them on TikTok’s Creative Center:
- Choose relevant sounds for your audience. Remember, you don’t need to simply get more views. You want the right audience to see your content.
- Keep your brand in the limelight: Manipulate that sound to emphasize your brand and message.
Consider Duets or Collaborations
This tactic is straightforward:
You need more views, and some people in your niche are more visible than you. Partnering with them can bring you more exposure.
Plus, TikTok user stats show that collabs increase recall by 27%.
Elf Cosmetics has an army of brand ambassadors and influencers:
- Pick relevant TikTok influencers that your target audience follows.
- Check their engagement rates and impressions first.
- Create appealing and useful content for your shared audience.
Post Several Times Per Day
In TikTok’s case, more is always better because:
You can test different types of content faster if you post more frequently.
Your chances of getting on the For You Page increase because TikTok has a high organic reach.
Pro tip: Post varied, short, and authentic TikTok videos 1-4 times per day.
Keep Your Clips Short
Short videos have several benefits:
Increased engagement rate: Short TikTok videos are snappier and more attractive.
More chances of being appealing: Short clips fit the platform’s essence, so you’re likelier to strike gold with this type of video.
More views: More people will watch your clip to the end because they won’t get bored.
These three factors tell TikTok your content is relevant, so the algorithm will boost it accordingly. And that means you’ll get more views.
Pro tip: Don’t cut your content short if that’s what your audience likes/needs.
That brings us to the next point.
Create Relevant & Valuable Content
Relevant content brings something unique and valuable to your audience, such as:
- New information
- The chance to become part of a community
- And more
You can also spike your views by leveraging holidays like Walmart is doing with Father’s Day:
- Research your audience to understand their pain points.
- Research your competitors to find opportunities they missed or to mimic their successful strategies.
- Look at trends in your industry to understand the messaging your potential customers are likelier to heed.
- Help your prospects understand why the video is relevant.
- Persuade people to comment.
- Hook your potential customers and raise curiosity.
Thinx offers great examples:
And if more people engage with your content and watch your video until the end, TikTok will make it more visible.
Pro tip: Follow your TikTok SEO strategy to use relevant keywords according to your audience’s search intent.
Using these keywords helps TikTok’s algorithm index your content better and rank it higher so that more people can see it.
Use TikTok Ads
You can get more views on TikTok if you promote your content.
Those views won’t be organic, but it’s a surefire way to increase your exposure.
- If you aim to boost your overall visibility, give people a reason to follow your TikTok account and watch other clips.
- The platform may reward you if you use its TikTok Promote feature.
- For cost-effective results, consider collaborating with one of the leading paid media agencies in the market. They can provide valuable insights and strategies to enhance your advertising efforts.
Promote Your Content on Other Channels
Your TikTok views may be low because your audience doesn’t know you’re on TikTok yet.
Alternatively, part of your audience may prefer other social media platforms.
So, promote your TikTok content on the social channels where you have already built a loyal following. This tactic will funnel more of your community on TikTok, boosting your views.
- Try not to be promotional or pushy, but:
- Include clear CTAs so your audience understands they should follow you on TikTok.
Track Your Analytics
Tracking your analytics helps you understand why you’re not getting enough views on TikTok.
These insights will show you what your audience best responds to and when they’re most active. As a result, you can adapt your messages accordingly.
- Use TikTok’s analytics, but also consider social media listening software.
- Record these findings in an Excel doc; this tactic will make relevant insights stand out faster.
Use a TikTok Creator/Business Account
You need this account to see TikTok analytics and plan your content better.
Besides, having a TikTok Creator Account helps your profile look more professional.
This attracts more people, boosting your views. But it also attracts more high-quality influencer collaborations and interactions, accelerating your channel’s visibility.
Choose the Right Time to Post
According to Influencer Marketing Hub, the best times to post on TikTok are:
Monday: 6 AM, 10 AM, 10 PM
Tuesday: 2 AM, 4 AM, 9 AM
Wednesday: 7 AM, 8 AM, 11 PM
Thursday: 9 AM, 12 AM, 7 PM
Friday: 5 AM, 1 PM, 3 PM
Saturday: 11 AM, 7 PM, 8 PM
Sunday: 7 AM, 8 AM, 4 PM
- Use the Analytics section to understand where most of your audience is.
- Create a social posting calendar that fits the bulk of your audience and stick to it. Unfortunately, TikTok doesn’t allow you to schedule your posts in advance.
- You can use a Tiktok analytics tool to see at what time your competitors are posting so you can devise your posting strategy accordingly.
Playlists are another reason why you should create a TikTok Business Account.
Remember: Only creators can access and leverage these playlists.
Why does this matter?
If TikTok users like one of your videos, they can easily find and watch more videos in the same category. This boosts your visibility and engagement on the platform, so TikTok ranks your clips higher.
Here’s how one TikTok creator organizes their videos neatly:
Pro tip: Give a catchy name to your playlists, like in the example above.
Create High-Quality Videos
“High quality” is typically a subjective concept on TikTok. That’s why you should understand your audience extremely well.
While some prefer raw posts, others prefer polished or highly edited videos with many transitions.
Refy Beauty creates desire in the video below through shiny colors and jazzy sounds:
If your videos are high-quality, more people will watch them. This tells TikTok they’re relevant and exciting, so the algorithm will boost them higher.
- Research your audience to understand what they respond to.
- Ensure your visuals and audio aren’t glitchy or low-quality.
- Use special effects to keep people interested.
- Leverage light to make your video look better.
Highlight Your Unique Side
TikTok and TikTok users value creativity.
Your audience wants to consume content that stands out. Your views will stagnate or drop if you don’t give them that.
XXL Scrunchie is a small business that performs well on TikTok. And family is one of the brand’s unique features:
- Understand what makes your audience tick so you can highlight your unique side accordingly.
- Don’t sacrifice relevancy for the sake of uniqueness.
Interact with Your Audience
Engaging with your audience in the comments or on their profiles helps you build a community.
This community will see your posts faster and interact with them more. They may even share them with their loved ones.
All this activity tells TikTok that your content is amazing, so it will rank it higher.
Local Laundry is a good model, always interacting with its audience:
Pro tip: Ensure your interactions are meaningful and high-quality.
Add a Splash of Controversy
Controversial topics increase engagement and views because they’re out of the ordinary. Besides, people want to pitch in with their own experiences and opinions.
Hello Black Child is another small business making waves on TikTok. This topic below is a great mix of controversy and trending theme, with a popular sound effect on top:
- Ensure your content is controversial but not disrespectful, violent, or discriminatory.
- Choose a controversy that’s relevant to your brand.
Comment on Other Creators’ Vide
If you comment meaningfully on other creators’ videos, you will gain more views because:
- Your relevant audience will see those comments and click on your profile to see your content.
- That influencer can also promote your content further if you’ve brought valuable points to the discussion.
- You will create a solid network that increases your TikTok views in the long run.
- Don’t spam other creators.
- Stay consistent with meaningful and insightful comments.
Stitch Other TikToks
Stitching other TikToks increases your TikTok views because:
- The platform shows your content to people who already watched the original clip and other stitched videos.
- Your video has a valuable hook that elicits your audience’s curiosity. Therefore, more people will watch your TikTok for longer.
Anthony Gonzales shows how his famous character Miguel would sound now by stitching a TikTok clip revealing the origins of the “Un Poco Loco” trending sound:
And yes, TikTok users like these intricate clips.
- Pick relevant TikToks to stitch.
- Bring your unique perspective based on your audience’s pain points.
Live videos increase TikTok views because they’re raw and curiosity-eliciting. They promote interactions and make people feel like part of a group.
Besides, you can interact with your audience and use this live clip as a social listening opportunity.
- Engage meaningfully with your audience; ask questions or try to solve their pain points live.
- Have a plan instead of simply letting the Live unfold. This will give structure to your interaction and keep more people watching.
- Add a clear CTA advising your viewers to follow your TikTok channel.
Why You Shouldn’t Buy TikTok Views
You shouldn’t buy TikTok views because the views you’ll get using this tactic come from fake accounts.
So you won’t be building an engaged, loyal community that helps your TikTok views increase steadily in the long term.
Besides, accounts buying views from fake followers are obvious, so more of your audience will stop watching your clips.
Instead, follow the 23 tips above to grow your TikTok views organically.
Remember to do your research thoroughly and focus on building a meaningful connection with your audience.
The views will follow.