SAP Data Services is an Enterprise Data Management Software designed to improve the quality of data across enterprises. It allows companies to access data, manage information, and connect data to discover new insights with dashboards and more.
SAP is highly scalable and can work for any size of business.
General SAP Stats and Facts
- SAP was founded in 1972 by five former IBM employees
- Their headquarters are in Walldorf, Germany
- SAP has 69 data centers across 35 locations within 15 countries
- There are 20 SAP labs around the world
- SAP has more than 21,000 partner companies
SAP Usage Statistics
- The United States has more than 1,400 websites currently using SAP Commerce Cloud
- Germany has more than 600 websites
- Spain has more than 300
- The UK has more than 200
- Netherlands, France, and Italy all have more than 100
SAP Transaction Usage Statistics
- 77% of the world’s transaction revenue goes through an SAP system
- This is $16 trillion of consumer purchases worldwide
SAP Employee Stats
- Women make up 27.3% of SAP’s management
- More than 73% of SAP employees are shareholders
- SAP employees come from 150 nations
- SAP has employees in 145 countries
- As of 2020, SAP had 101,450+ employees
- Employee retention is 94.8%
- The average employee age is 42
SAP Job Statistics
- There are over 24,000 SAP consultants employed in the United States
- The majority of those consultants are either in Houston, TX, or Atlanta, GA
- On average, SAP consultants are paid $92,215 annually
- The starting salary is $69,000
- The top-paid consultants earn $122,000 or more
SAP Job Statistics By State
- SAP consultants working in Washington make an average annual salary of $110,991
- SAP consultants working in Vermont make an average annual salary of $97,280
- SAP consultants working in Texas make an average annual salary of $88,795
- SAP consultants working in Wisconsin make an average annual salary of $85,841
- SAP consultants working in Georgia make an average annual salary of $74,143
SAP Customer Statistics
- 80% of SAP’s customers are small and medium-sized companies
- 98% of the 100 most valued brands are SAP customers
- 92% of Forbes Global 2000 companies are SAP customers
- 86% of Fortune 500 companies are SAP customers
- More than 7 million salespeople use the SAP Sales Cloud
- SAP Concur has 66 million users
- SAP SuccessFactor has more than 159 million users
- The SAP Cloud Platform has more than 15 thousand customers
- There are more than 4.8 million businesses on SAP Ariba
- SAP cloud solutions enable more than 35 million people to work from anywhere
SAP Product Facts and Stats
- SAP is the largest software company in Europe
- SAP is the #1 enterprise application in the world market
- SAP is the third-largest software company worldwide
- SAP is the third most used customer service application worldwide
- SAP is #4 in the worldwide CRM market
- SAP is #4 in the worldwide SaaS market
- SAP is #1 in the worldwide SCM market
- SAP is #1 in the worldwide ERP market
SAP Business One Facts
- SAP Business One was designed for small to midsize companies rather than being a scaled-down version of larger SAP products
- It is certified on the AWS cloud
- More than 48,000 customers run SAP Business One globally
- Large enterprises can also use SAP Business One to support subsidiary operations or pilot projects in new markets
- SAP Business One has more than 500 industry-specific integrations
- iOS devices can make use of the SAP Business One app
SAP Financial Stats
- SAP’s revenue has more than doubled between 2010 and 2019
- 44% of SAP’s revenue comes from Europe, the Middle East, and Africa
- 41% of SAP’s revenue comes from the Americas
- 15% of SAP’s revenue comes from Japan and the Asia Pacific
Interesting Facts About SAP
- IT professionals say SAP like the word sap, rather than spelling the letters out: S-A-P
- In 1976, SAP changed its name from “Systemanalyse und Programmentwicklung” (System Analysis and Program Development) to “Systeme, Anwendungen und Produkte in der Datenverarbeitung,” which translates to “Systems, Applications, and Data Processing”
- According to Forbes, SAP ranked #1 in Best Employers for Diversity in 2020
- The SAP stock price range for the past year has ranged from 83,50-151.48
What percentage of Fortune 100 companies use SAP?
It is known that 86% of Fortune 500 companies are SAP customers, and is estimated that anywhere between 92% and 98% of Fortune 100 companies use SAP. The top 10 in the Fortune 100 all use SAP. SAP is known as “the choice” software for these companies.
What percentage of the business world uses SAP?
More than 75% of all global transactions come in contact with SAP software. It is used by more than 400,000 businesses across 180 different countries.
More than 80% of SAP’s customer base is made up of SMBs. Though SAP also services big businesses. They have appropriate solutions for each.
What is the average salary of an SAP lead?
On average, an SAP Lead will make $121,340 annually.
This is comprised of the base pay of $111,736 per year plus an additional $9,604 annually coming from cash bonuses, tips, commissions, and profit sharing. The most likely range of pay sits between $91k and $172K.
How many end users does SAP have?
SAP is estimated to have more than half a billion end users across all products. While it is possible that some users account for the use of multiple SAP products, when accounting for all users across all products, the number still reaches close to half a billion.
SAP has integrated itself into much of how computing works. Many Fortune 500 companies worldwide utilize SAP programs.
SAP is only likely to expand in the coming years as they anticipate and deliver on changes in the digital space.
- Adroit People
- Vision 33
- Yahoo Finance
- Zip Recruiter