Do you have a morning routine? Should you?
The morning can be the most important time to establish and focus on the rest of your day.
The productivity of your day can rely on how you begin it.
So let’s take a look at morning routine stats and if an early routine can truly help with your day.
General Morning Routine Stats and Facts 2023
- The most common morning routines are drinking coffee, exercising, and showering
- About 43% of Americans consider drinking coffee as a crucial start to their day
- Other habits that people do in the morning: include eating breakfast, checking their phone, checking social media, drinking water, reading emails, making their bed, listening to the news, and straightening up their home/cleaning.
Morning Routine and Success Stats
- 92% of people with a morning routine considered themselves highly productive
- 72% of people without a morning routine considered themselves highly productive
- 1 in 3 people who begin the day by cleaning up their home and beginning their chores claim high productivity
Benefits of Morning Routine Stats 2023
- A good morning routine is linked to less stress and boosted mood and energy throughout the day
- Beginning the day with a glass of water is tied to improved cognitive function and boosted mood
Best Practices of Morning Routine Stats 2023
- 2 out of 3 people who prepare the night before for their morning routine report having lower levels of stress
- 44% of people with a morning routine report preparing the night before
- 63% of people who are highly productive set an alarm the night before
- 44% plan and prep their outfit
- 34% look at the next day’s calendar
- 2 out of 5 individuals who check their phone upon waking reported higher stress throughout the day
You might be interested to check those related posts as well:
- Amazing Morning Journal Prompts [to Start Your Day] in 2023
- [100+] Creative Ways to Say Good Morning this 2023
- [200+] Gratitude Journal Prompts to Improve Your Life 2023
What percentage of people have a morning routine?
Most people consider having a morning routine, but what people consider a morning routine varies:
- 88% of people report having a morning routine
- Another study stated 7 out of 8 people report having a morning routine
What percentage of successful people have a morning routine?
92% of high-performance and successful people report having a morning routine.
- Oprah begins her day calmly at 7 and walks her dogs
- Jennifer Aniston wakes up at 4:30 am and has a glass of lemon water
What is the most effective morning routine?
- Studies show that exercising, drinking water, and meditating are the most effective morning habits
- A morning routine is made effective by a full night (7-8 hours) of sleep
How long should a morning routine be?
Studies suggest that anywhere between 30 to 90 minutes is a suitable amount of time to perform your routine, including drinking coffee and eating breakfast.
A conscious morning routine seems to be crucial for the productivity and success of the rest of your day. It also proves to be good for your general mood throughout the day.
This is especially true with morning routines that involve waking up the body through exercise and giving yourself time to wake up mentally through meditation.
Do you have a morning routine? If you don’t, these morning routine stats may convince you to start!