Workday Inc. provides enterprise-level cloud applications to businesses in both the United States and abroad.
Most popular is its suite of financial management applications as well as applications to manage the employee lifecycle from recruitment to retirement and the HR abilities to hire, onboard, train, and pay employees.
Key Workday Inc Stats and Facts
- Workday was founded and incorporated in 2005
- Their headquarters are in Pleasanton, CA
- The founders are Dave Duffiield and Aneel Bhusn
- The Current CEOs are Aneel Bhusn and Chano Fernandez
- Workday delivers financial management, human capital management, and analytics applications designed for large companies, government institutions, and government agencies
- Workday serves business services, financial services, education, government, healthcare, hospital, media, retail, and technology industries
- Workday processes 365 billion transactions per year
- The largest payroll Workday manages is for more than 500,000 employees
- Around the globe, Workday services request more than 1 million users per hour
- Workday’s biggest offices are in:
- Pleasanton, CA
- Atlanta, GA
- Boulder, CO
- Chicago, IL
- Salt Lake City, UT
- Austin, TX
- Boston, MA
- Beaverton, OR
- New York, NY
- San Francisco, CA
Workday Demographics Statistics
- 44% of the employees are women, with 55% being men
- 30% of executives are women
- 50% of the workforce is white, 20% is Hispanic or Latino, and 16% are Asian
- 50% of the employees are minorities
- 41% of executives are minorities
- The most common foreign language is Spanish
- Other common languages within the company include Chinese and German
- 79% of employees have at least a bachelor’s degree
- 15% of employees have a master’s degree
- 21% of employees majored in business
- Other common majors included computer science and communication
- Half of Workday’s employees are between 30-40 years of age, with the other half being over 40
- 1% of Workday’s jobs are remote
Workday Inc Employee Stats
- Workday employs 12,500 people
- Workday employees are more likely to be registered, Democrats
- Employees stay with Workday for an average of 3.9 years
- Workday Inc employee benefits include health plans, health savings plans, dependent care, child care, retirement savings plans, employee stock purchase plans, commuter programs, sports teams and clubs, bringing dogs to work, cantinas, reimbursement of fitness expenses, hosted family events and many others
Workday Inc Salary Statistics
- Workday inc salaries average at $127,093 per year
- A principal software engineer’s salary averages out to $165,371 per year
- A senior software engineer’s salary averages at $150,446 per year
- A senior product manager’s salary averages out to $137,298 per year
- A software development engineer’s salary averages out to $121,247 per year
- A software product manager’s salary averages at $118,813 per year
- A software engineer’s salary averages at $115,557 per year
- A machine learning engineer’s salary averages out to $114,483 per year
- A software development engineer’s salary averages out to $113,900 per year
- A site reliability engineer’s salary averages out to $113,354 per year
- A product designer engineer’s salary averages out to $111,047 per year
- A quality assurance engineer’s salary averages at $109,671 per year
- A software developer’s salary averages at $109,572 per year
- An applications engineer’s salary averages at $108,098 per year
- A customer success manager’s salary averages at $105,757 per year
- An operations manager’s salary averages out to $104,830 per year
- A UX researcher’s salary averages at $104,165 per year
- An engagement manager’s salary averages at $103,481 per year
- A sales consultant’s salary averages at $101,841 per year
- A data scientist’s salary averages at $101,104 per year
- A senior business analyst’s salary averages at $98,491 per year
- An ERP consultant’s salary averages at $83,777 per year
- A general project manager’s salary averages out to $83,454 per year
- A technical writer’s salary averages out at $80,173 per year
- A customer support analyst’s salary averages out to $79,463
- An instructional designer’s salary averages out to $77,422 per year
Workday Inc Customer Statistics
- Workday has more than 55 million customers
- They service more than 50% of Fortune 500 companies
- More than 50 of their customers have more than 100,000 employees live on Workday applications
- Workday manages the records for more than 120 million people, including retired, contingent, and former workers
- At peak numbers, Workday processed more than 50,000 hire transactions in a single day and 6 million employees in a single month
Workday Revenue Stats
Workday Inc Revenue Chart from 2014:
- 2014: $468 million
- 2015: $787 million
- 2016: $1.156 billion
- 2017: $1.574 billion
- 2018: $2.143 billion
- 2019: $2.822 billion
- 2020: $3.627 billion
- 2021: $4.318 billion
- 2022: $5.14 billion
Workday Inc Stock Price Statistics
- The workday stock price has ranged from $134-307 in the last 52 weeks
- Currently, the range is from $158-$162
- The average volume is $3,287,777
- The market cap is $41.285 billion
- The 1-year target estimate is $222.28
What is the average length of employment at Workday Inc?
Most employees will stay at Workday Inc for an average of 3.9 years.
24% stay for less than one year.
34% stay between 1 and 2 years.
5% stay between 3 and 4 years.
23% stay between 5 and 7 years.
9% stay between 8 and 10 years.
5% stay more than 11 years.
What is Workday Inc software engineer’s salary?
A software engineer’s salary at Workday Inc ranges from $86k-$150k, with the average being roughly $115k.
A senior software engineer’s salary ranges from $108k-199k, with the average salary being roughly $150k.
A principal software engineer’s salary ranges from $127-210k, with the average being $165k.
How many customers does Workday have in 2022?
Workday has more than 55 million customers.
50% of Fortune 500 companies utilize Workday Inc’s services, with 90% of those Fortune 500 customers being live in production.
More than 50 of their customers have more than 100,000 employees live on Workday applications.
Workday Inc is a highly versatile system that many Fortune 500 companies use. Nearly every sector has some usage of Workday as well.
Adding Workday Inc to your company is certainly something to consider.
- Expanded Ramblings
- Blog Workday