Diversity and inclusion are the cornerstones of a peaceful and just workplace and society.
You will be genuinely inspired by the following quotations from some of the brightest thinkers in modern times.
Diversity and Inclusion Quotes 2023
This first set of diversity and inclusion quotes has a typical pattern that runs between them: they speak to the acts and efforts of diversity and inclusion.
Diversity necessitates inclusion. Therefore, effort and action are always requisite.
- “Diversity is being invited to the party; inclusion is being asked to dance.” – Verna Myers
- “Diversity is having a seat at the table, inclusion is having a voice, and belonging is having that voice be heard.” Liz Foslien
- “Diversity really means becoming complete as human beings – all of us. We learn from each other. If you’re missing on that stage, we learn less. We all need to be on that stage.” – Juan Felipe Herrera
- “I know there is strength in the differences between us. I know there is comfort where we overlap.” – Ani DiFranco
- “It is time for parents to teach young people early on that in diversity there is beauty and there is strength.” – Maya Angelou
- “No matter who we are or what we look like or what we may believe, it is both possible and, more importantly, it becomes powerful to come together in common purpose and common effort.” – Oprah Winfrey
- “The difference between diversity and inclusion is being invited to a house and being able to rearrange the furniture.” – Jane Silber
Quotes about Cultural Diversity 2023
In these cultural diversity quotes, we can see that respect for our unique differences and the oneness that our differences point towards are some of the most basic elements of humanity. Here are the most popular diversity and inclusion quotes on culture:
- “Cultural differences should not separate us from each other, but rather cultural diversity brings a collective strength that can benefit all of humanity.” –
- “Difference is the essence of humanity. Difference is an accident of birth and it should therefore never be the source of hatred or conflict. The answer to difference is to respect it. Therein lies a most fundamental principle of peace: respect for diversity.” – John Hume.
- “I’ve traveled around the world, and what’s so revealing is that, despite the differences in culture, politics, language, and how people dress, there is a universal feeling that we all want the same thing. We deeply want to be respected and appreciated for our differences.” – Howard Schultz
- “If we were to select the most intelligent, imaginative, energetic, and emotionally stable third of mankind, all races would be present.” – Franz Boas
- “In today’s interconnected and globalized world, it is now commonplace for people of dissimilar world views, faiths, and races to live side by side. It is a matter of great urgency, therefore, that we find ways to cooperate with one another in a spirit of mutual acceptance and respect.” – Dalai Lama
- “The key to community is the acceptance, in fact, the celebration of our individual and cultural differences. It is also the key to world peace.” – M. Scott Peck
- “The world has only one border. It is called humanity. The differences between us are small compared to our shared humanity. Put humans first.” – Nadia Murad
- “The world in which you were born is just one model of reality. Other cultures are not failed attempts at being you; they are unique manifestations of the human spirit.” – Wade Davis
- “We may have different religions, different languages, different colored skin, but we all belong to one human race.” – Kofi Annan
Diversity in Workplace Quotes 2023
The workplace is perhaps one of the most important and overlooked places where diversity and inclusion must continue to be worked on and acknowledged.
Although this is for many reasons, consider the following diversity and inclusion quotes when in the workplace:
- “Every individual matters. Every individual has a role to play. Every individual makes a difference.” – Jane Goodall
- “Feelings of worth can flourish only in an atmosphere where individual differences are appreciated, mistakes are tolerated, communication is open, and rules are flexible – the kind of atmosphere that is found in a nurturing family.” – Virginia Satir
- “If we cannot now end our differences, at least we can help make the world safe for diversity.” – John F. Kennedy
- “Leadership should be focused on extending the ladder of opportunity for everyone.” – Justin Trudeau
- “Prejudice is a burden that confuses the past, threatens the future, and renders the present inaccessible.” – Maya Angelou
- “The whole idea of a stereotype is to simplify. Instead of going through the problem of all this great diversity – that it’s this or maybe that – you have just one large statement; it is this.” – Chinua Achebe
- “We have no hope of solving our problems without harnessing the diversity, the energy, and the creativity of all our people.” – Roger Wilkins
- “When we’re talking about diversity, it’s not a box to check. It is a reality that should be deeply felt and held and valued by all of us.” – Ava DuVernay
- “You do not want to be in a creative organization with everybody being like-minded and stroking each other’s creative egos. You want differences of opinion… constructively.” – Cate Blanchett
- “You don’t have true freedom until you allow a diversity of opinion and a diversity of voices.” – Don Lemon
Diversity and Inclusion Quotes From Business Leaders 2023
Continuing on the theme of workplace diversity and inclusion, many business leaders in modern times had these important points to make regarding the subject:
- “A diverse mix of voices leads to better discussions, decisions, and outcomes for everyone.” – Sundar Pichai
- “Corporate social responsibility is measured in terms of businesses improving conditions for their employees, shareholders, communities, and environment. But moral responsibility goes further, reflecting the need for corporations to address fundamental ethical issues such as inclusion, dignity, and equality.” – Klaus Schwab
- “Diversity and inclusion, which are the real grounds for creativity, must remain at the center of what we do.” – Marco Bizzarri
- “If you believe, as we believe, that diversity leads to better products, and we’re all about making products that enrich people’s lives, then you obviously put a ton of energy behind diversity the same way you would put a ton of energy behind anything else that is truly important.” – Tim Cook
- “Learn to enjoy and respect each other’s differences.” – Fred Meijer
- “To get real diversity of thought, you need to find the people who genuinely hold different views and invite them into the conversation.” – Adam Grant
- “We need diversity of thought in the world to face the new challenges.” – Tim Berners-Lee
- “You can’t categorize diversity based on what a person looks like. It’s what that person can do for the organization.” – Charles K Poole
The path to diversity begins with supporting, mentoring, and sponsoring diverse women and men to become leaders and entrepreneurs.” – Denise Morrison
Short Diversity Quotes 2023
Although the following quotes are short and straightforward, that doesn’t distract from their power regarding diversity.
Consider these short diversity and inclusion quotes as possible discussion points in your next diversity and inclusion conversation.
- “A democracy thrives on diversity. Tyranny oppresses it.” – Sam Brownback
- “Before God, we are all equally wise, and equally foolish.” – Albert Einstein
- “Diversity is a mix and inclusion is making the mix work.” – Andrés Tapia
- “Diversity: the art of thinking independently together.” – Malcolm Forbes
- “No culture can live, if it attempts to be exclusive.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “Our concern is to heal. Our concern is to bring together.” – Harold Washington
- “Share our similarities, celebrate our differences.” – M. Scott Peck
- “Society is unity in diversity.” – George Herbert Mead
- “Strength lies in differences, not in similarities.” – Stephen Covey
- “Talent perceives differences; genius, unity.” -William Butler Yeats
- “Too many of us still believe our differences define us.” – John Lewis
- “We have to transcend our differences to transform our future.” – Antonio Guterres
Unity in Diversity Quotes 2023
Unity in uniqueness has been an underlying pattern throughout this article’s quotations.
Some of the world’s greatest thinkers and civil rights activists leaned heavily on the idea that unity and diversity were not mutually exclusive. Here are some diversity and inclusion quotes about unity.
- “Diversity is about all of us, and about us having to figure out how to walk through this world together.” – Jacqueline Woodson
- “It is not our differences that divide us. It is our inability to recognize, accept, and celebrate those differences.” – Audre Lorde
- “Our ability to reach unity in diversity will be the beauty and the test of our civilization.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “Sometimes we are separated by differences, and sometimes we are united by common ideals of respect and compassion.” – Paul Watson
- “To be one, to be united is a great thing. But to respect the right to be different is maybe even greater.” – Bono
- “Unity, not uniformity, must be our aim. We attain unity only through variety. Differences must be integrated, not annihilated, not absorbed.” – Mary Parker Follett
- “We may have all come on different ships, but we’re in the same boat now.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “What we have to do… is to find a way to celebrate our diversity and debate our differences without fracturing our communities.” – Hillary Clinton
You might be interested to check those related posts as well:
- [70+] Inspirational Good Morning Quotes and Thoughts in 2023
- 130+ Funny Facebook Posts and Quotes You Won’t Mind Pinching
-  Light Quotes to Bring the Sunshine Into Life this 2023
This concludes a list of wonderful diversity and inclusion quotes from some of the world’s greatest minds.
It may also help you to read about the lives of the people who created these diversity and inclusion quotes to have a better understanding of them and why they felt so strongly about diversity and inclusion in the world.