Creativity is a force in all cultures around the world and is our reality as people, but what is creativity, and how common is it?
In this article, we will explore how much of a factor creativity is in our daily lives through creativity stats.
General Creativity Stats and Facts 2023
- About 75% of people believe that they are not living up to their potential creatively
- Daydreaming can activate neurons in your brain, creating connections across different regions of the brain
- Daydreaming at work or school could mean that you are smart and creative
- A study found that creativity and learning aren’t related to imagination
- 72% of people report having creative insights while taking a shower
Creativity at Work Stats 2023
- In the U.S., 7 in 10 people felt that creativity was crucial in the growth of the economy
- 60% of polled CEOs say that creativity in the workplace is seen as an important leadership quality
- 35% of workers say that they are only given a few times a year to be creative at their place of work
- 78% of college-educated workers over 25 wish they were more creative
Creativity at School Stats
- Since the 1990s, children’s creativity in schools has gone down due to the fostering of conformity
- When tested for their genius level at creativity, the percentage of students who scored high declined as they grew, beginning at 98% for 5-year-olds down to 12% when they were 15
Creativity and Intelligence Stats
There are many myths surrounding creativity and intelligence. Many people believe that creativity can only be found in intelligent people, however, intelligence and creativity have no real relation.
- Once you go beyond just above an average I.Q. (about 120), there’s very little difference in the likelihood of creativity.
Surprising Creativity Facts 2023
- It can take up to 10,000 hours of practice to achieve a creative breakthrough
- Walking, versus sitting, has been found to improve creative output by 60%
- Creative engagement can help decrease anxiety and stress
- Sleeping on a “creative rut” allows your mind and body to take a rest from the problem and return to it with a fresh perspective
You might be interested to check those related posts as well:
- 25 Impressive Ways How To Be More Creative Person [in 2023]
- 75 Amazing Adobe Inc Stats and Facts [and Trends] 2023
- Top Generation Z Marketing Statistics 2023 [Facts and Trends]
What percentage of the population is creative?
52% of the American population believe that they are creative. Other countries see less than that.
What is the percentage of creativity among men and women?
This is dependent on how you define creativity.
- In cultures that embrace more masculine traits, men are seen to be more creative
- In cultures that are more focused on community, women are seen as more creative
- Some studies have also shown that men rate either very high in creativity or very low, whereas women have less variability
How many traits define creativity?
Depending on who you are talking to, there can be anywhere from 5 to 12 traits that truly define creativity.
These traits include:
What percentage of students are itching to use their creativity for jobs?
- In a study polling 1,000 students in the UK, about 49% said they would like to have a creative job
- 47% of the students felt pressured to choose a “traditional” career
As you can see by the above creativity stats, creativity is a crucial aspect of humanity and continues to allow us to innovate and alter our future.
We should continue to foster this creativity in the younger generations in order to see a brighter and more playful future.