A Content Delivery Network, or CDN, is an important service for increasing the page load speed of your website.
These CDN stats will show you why it’s a beneficial service that’s worth investing in.
CDN Stats for Market 2023
- 4,148 of the top 100,000 websites on the internet use a CDN, which is over 41%.
- Only 3.4% of the entire internet uses a CDN.
- The CDN industry was worth $11.76 billion in 2020.
- North America is the largest market for CDN.
- The top 5 biggest CDN companies are Amazon Web Services Inc, Akamai Technologies Inc., Google, Fastly Inc., and Limelight Networks.
CDN Growth Stats 2023
- By 2026, the CDN industry is expected to reach $49.61 billion. That’s a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 27.30%.
- Mobile app CDN is predicted to grow at a rate of 22.3% by 2026.
- The average size of a web page has grown dramatically, from 702 kB in 2010 to 2,409 kB in 2016.
- 64% of web page content is images.
- During the pandemic, data service providers saw a 30% – 45% increase in internet traffic.
- Asia is the fastest-growing market, with a forecasted 18.46% increase in revenue expected by 2025.
CDN Benefits Stats 2023
- A website with a CDN can load 2x faster than a site without a CDN by reducing file size and decreasing the distance between where the content is stored and where it loads.
- A CDN can also decrease website latency by an average of 83%.
- Using a CDN can take a load of 60% or more off your origin server.
You might be interested to check those related posts as well:
- 35 Impressive Akamai Technologies Inc Stats and Facts 
- Productivity Stats and Facts [to Boost Your Performance] in 2023
- 42 Amazing Etsy Stats 2023 [Facts and Trends]
How much does a content delivery network cost?
The cost of using a CDN depends on several factors, including the service provider and the amount of data that is transferred.
However, you can expect to pay, on average, around $.02 to $.2 per gigabyte of data.
Who uses content delivery networks the most?
Any company or website can use a CDN to improve the performance and loading speeds of their site.
Media and entertainment is the biggest market, with over 34% of websites using a CDN service.
However, the other sectors include healthcare, IT, retail & e-commerce, and government.
How much can a content delivery network speed up a web page?
CDN services can increase page load times by 50%.
Hosting your media files in different locations around the world, reduce the number of requests made to a single server.
As a result, your page loads faster and your users get the content they need in half the amount of time.
You can reduce web load times and increase user engagement by using a CDN on your website.
It’s a simple and seamless service that all companies can benefit from.
- Mordor Intelligence
- Allied Market Research
- Globe News Wire